WWYD? ( RF or FF issue)

poohbearkrazy

Okay, i'm pretty sure I know what everyone will say :eek:, but I want to get everyones opinions anyway. Jacob my almost 3 yr. old ( turns 3 in 2 weeks exactly) is still currently rf in an XTSL. He weighs 38 pounds naked, and is 40 inches tall. Anyway, my problem is that we have him behind the drivers seat in our 2001 Venture, because that is the only place that his seat will work properly without over reclining. When DH drives he is very uncomfortable because he is very tall with longs legs and he cant move the seat so that he can drive comfortably. I have tried to move the seat so that DH would be comfortable, but it brings the butt end or the radian off of the seat. It's not far but if I try I can pretty easily slide my hand under it. If you were in this situation, would you just suck it up and you be the one to drive every time ( I hate Driving when I don't have to :eek:) or would you be okay with forward facing him?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
As I love driving, I'd just drive. But at three and 38 pounds I'd be ok with turning him forward.

Wendy

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
So the passenger side seat is different than the seat on the driver's side? and over reclines if he's passenger side?

Has DH tried sitting more upright (will be uncomfortable for at least a week until he's used to it)? This will allow him to move the seat bottom further back and give him the leg room he needs.

canadiangie

What is the difference in your driver and passenger captains chairs? Or do you have a bench in the 2nd row of your venture? I'm wondering why the rn works so much better on the drivers side?

poohbearkrazy

So the passenger side seat is different than the seat on the driver's side? and over reclines if he's passenger side?

Has DH tried sitting more upright (will be uncomfortable for at least a week until he's used to it)? This will allow him to move the seat bottom further back and give him the leg room he needs.

Yeah we have a bench seat in the middle row :(. I put the radian there the other day and when DS sat in it, it over reclined and fell off the edge of the passenger seat in between the front seats :eek:. DH pulled over at the nearest gas station and I put him back behind the driver. The drivers chair is only 1 click reclined :(. That was the first thing I tried. I think that is part of the reason DH is so uncomfortable. He is 6'5" and he only has about an inch before he hits the top of the van.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC