He's going to be fine right?

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
I'm in CT visiting family(I live in MD) so I don't have my car. My mom, step-dad, Nicholas and I rode up in my parents truck(Ford F-250 SuperDuty). My brother is picking Nicholas and I up for lunch in a bit. I can't take my parents truck and my brother only has a little 2door sports car(I know it will fit FF but I'm just not sure about RF. My cousin used the same seat FF in my brother's car last time I was up here. I installed it for her, I know it fits FF but it never dawned on me at the time to just see about it being RF). I'm defiantly going to try to put DS's car seat in RF like normal but if it won't fit I'm going to have to FF him. I know that he's 2 1/2yrs but I'm so nervous about him being FF for a trip that will take more than just a few minutes. We will probably be out all day. It just makes me nervous because he's so little still. He's in a CALX, I know that a good FF install is better than a crappy RF install.

He's going to be fine right? I know he's going to be strapped in properly and his seat will be installed correctly. I think I'm just over worrying. But only you guys would understand my hesitation. We just don't have another option for a car today. It's the only time this weekend that it will be a problem because we will be at family functions with my mom and step-dad tomorrow and Sunday and we drive home on Monday so he will be in the truck.

I just really feel like a bad mom if he needs to be FF, because I know how much safer he is RF.

ADS

Spam

He will be fine ((HUGS)) FFing in a properly installed, correctly used seat is safe. Rfing is safeER, but ffing is safe. At 2.5 most kids have been ffing for a 1.5 yrs already, and be glad he's so tiny and can still rf. My 2.5yr old is too big to rf in anything except a rnsl which I don't have, so he's ffing everyday.

Leighsah

He'll be fine. :) But I totally get where you are coming from as I cringe when my almost 3 1/2 year old rides FFing occasionally in our 2-door vehicle!

scariestone

Yes, we "crazies" understand. My DS is quickly approaching 3 and a half and the thought of turning him FFing makes my palms clammy. He's somewhere between 41 and 42 lbs so he will already have to be FFing if he rides in someone else's car. I was hoping to make it to 4 RF in our xtsl but with the way he's packing on the lbs, it doesn't look like that will happen. :crying: He'll be ok, as will your DS. So try not to stress about it. I know, easier said than done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC