Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    megviolet

Has the Regent ever been available in Canada?

My googling is telling me no. BUT i am arranging to buy a seat, off of Craigslist, that is advertised as a regent. I asked her to double check if she maybe has the model wrong, and to check if it has the canadian sticker on it. She said that it does have Canadian stickers on it, she bought it in Duncan BC, and it has the pink with yellow/pink floral pattern cover on it. SO... how is this possible? Could it be a frontier, but with a floral cover on it?

I'm going in person tomorrow to see... i need a new seat for DD immediately and wanted to get frontier or a second boulevard. A regent would be great but i thought they were illegal to use in Canada.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Has the Regent ever been available in Canada?

No, the Regent was never available in Canada nor will it ever be unless it were sold with a 65lb max harness weight. also, it is risky to purchase a used seat from someone you don't know and trust to have treated it correctly.

Edit to add, the snug seat traveller plus looks like a regent and is available here as a special needs seat with prescription, iirc
    Natalie, CRST-I, mum of Greg (15), Megan (10), Benjamin and Samuel (6).

I saw that ad too just last night. Most likely they are US seats and she is mistaken about the labels since she is listing regent covers and weight limits. Did she buy them new?

And yes, buying used seats from someone you don't know is not the best idea.
    Alice, May 2009, riding in a Frontier
    Astrid, May 2015, riding in a Snugride 30

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

It's the same Regent as I have in my signature. Great seat, but definitely illegal to use in Canada. (I used to keep a set of seats my ex-DH, a US resident, used with the kids.) I'd be concerned buying a used seat to begin with, but especially from someone who isn't even aware enough to know their seat is illegal...

-N.

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.
    It's like free money...Couponsurfers.com