Tried out the CA, have a few questions

Lenae

While in the valley for Christmas, my kids and I went to Fred Meyer where we ran in to a CA for ($129, is that a good price?). DS really liked it, so I have a few questions. First, a little back story. I've been worried about DS's weight, so it's been on my mind to get a higher RF weight limit seat. On top of that, DH is taking a job in Dutch Harbor, AK and I will be moving there without a vehicle for some time. Our only mode of transportation will be a company truck that DH shares with one other guy.

I need this seat to be easy to install RF and FF with a seatbelt, be FAA approved because getting to and from the island will be by plane, and I'm also looking for something with more legroom than DS's MA. He has very long legs, and my DH doesn't like him RF in the MA because of lack of legroom. Will the CA fit the bill? Or do I need to continue looking? Thanks again.

And pictures just for fun.

1227001132.jpg

1227001133.jpg

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Sounds like the CA would be perfect!

And, congrats on the job & move! It will be nice to have another member up here :)

ntrenary

Yes to all those questions! I've never tried to install in FFing, but it's really easy to install RFing, it has probably 2-3 more inches of leg room than my RA50 which is the same seat as the MA.
Looks like you found your next seat!

Kobain's Mommy

We got a CA65 last month. We did need to get 3 pool noodles to get the right angle RFing, but it was super easy to install. We took it to a car seat clinic because we needed the noodles and couldn't find them in town. The CPST was impressed with how well and quickly it installed. It was her first CA.

Lenae

Wow those pictures are big aren't they? I'm posting from a Droid, not a computer. Are they super huge? I have no idea how to make them smaller....

I'm glad to hear this is the seat for us. Now, I just need to sell the CCO to fund it. :rolleyes:

Kobain's Mommy

If you go into your photobucket account you can resize the pictures.

I'm impresed those were from a phone. Counting down the days till my new one gets here.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I concur, great price and a seat that should totally fit the bill! I've only had one car it didn't install well in RF (late model Malibu) and even then it went in fine FF.

Kat_Momof3

fantastic price! Snag it... snag 2... aka... I'd replace the Marathon with it... and maybe a truefit... have two for your son... your dd is tiny and has plenty of time in her current seats.

mimieliza

I got mine for $128 at Fred Meyers this summer and have not seen it for lower anywhere else. I found it easy to install RFing and FFing, but I did have to use a rolled towel to get a proper RFing recline. I've been told I could have the seat more upright, though, so a towel may not be strictly necessary.

Here is a link to my thread about installing it and how it fits my four-year-old:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=143079

DahliaRW

Yes, it's easy to install. You will need to learn the tricks to doing so, but that's the case with any seat, really.

The bonus to the CA is it is SUPER lightweight. So for flying it's really easy to tote through the airport.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC