VENT!! My stupid brother

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
So we are coming back from dinner to night and my nephew wanted to ride in my dads car. So he puts his LBB in and my 6 year old gets in. Well then my 2 1/2 year old 25ishLB niece starts screaming cause she wants to go to...So my brother tells my nephew to move over and puts the 2 1/2 year old in the booster cause he was too lazy to move the carseat. I wanted to say something but my mom told me it wasn't my place to step in. So we went about with my 6 year old m/b 45/50lb nephew in no booster (he definatley doesn't pass 5 step test) and my 2 1/2 year old niece in a booster. Had I been the one driving I would have said no. What would you have done in this situation

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I would have said, "She's too little for that seat, it starts at 40 pounds. Want me to move your seat for you?"

Wendy

monica-m

CPST Instructor
It might be time to have a talk about child passenger safety with your dad. I would never agree to transport children that were not properly restrained. He would never forgive himself if something happened to those kids.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
He got a little nervous and he told my brother that he could just move her carseat over and he said she's fine! It took everything in my might not to bite his head off. My parents think i'm too into this carseat thing, but with LO on the way I want to do everything in my might to protect this child and everyother child out there

monica-m

CPST Instructor
It might be a good idea to find some youtube videos of crash tests to illustrate the reasons for your concern and share them with your parents.

Many people think I am crazy for my views on car seats but I will do everything in my power to make sure my child is safe. :twocents:

Kat_Momof3

I'd have refused to go... it's not like the child met the bare minimums (I'm all for picking battles)... the stickers on the sides of the booster would have backed you up that the 2.5yr old was NOT fine in that seat.

babyherder

I would have offered to move the car seat. If the offer was refused I would have gently reminded your dad how unsafe this was and encouraged him to refuse to drive with the kids improperly restrained. If everyone refuses your help, you did the best you could. But I can also understanding saying nothing. Sounds like your family knows enough about seats through you to know what they did was unsafe and just didn't want to listen.:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC