Graco Smart seat you tube video

ADS

Evolily

holy FF recline, batman.

If it really allows you to install that reclined FF looks like it would be an ideal special needs seat, especially if they come out with a stroller thingy.

MommaKellie

Can I use the extended head rest in RF?

I like the idea of a base in a convertible seat, but when would I need to take this seat in and out of the car without the base? Not bashing, just curious.

firemomof3

That was the first thing I noticed was the recline both rf and ff...I'm wondering if you can adjust it rf so its not so reclined because thats going to be a PITA with an older child.
Yes, this seat looks perfect for a special needs child though :thumbsup:
And as a belt positioning booster it looks like the GN and TF combined, I like it

Joddle

Can't wait to see reviews when it comes out because I'd really love one! Would be the PERFECT nannying car seat! Hopefully shipping to Aus isn't too much.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Interesting that the harness covers must be used in rf'ing mode, but are not to be used for children over 40lbs. I honestly can't imagine how they'd benefit a rf'er....and be harmful to an older child.

And those armrests...I would hope they'd fold up out of the way, because rf'ing, you really have to lift the kiddo up high to get them over them.

And the recline....holy moly!

Otherwise, it looked pretty decent....though huge! LOL

Shaunam

holy FF recline, batman.

If it really allows you to install that reclined FF looks like it would be an ideal special needs seat, especially if they come out with a stroller thingy.

Exactly what I was thinking! I also love that you store the harness for booster use, rather than take it out.

SignCuer

Only thing that I noticed and don't like... the belly clip... it seems it is more pronounced with the strap covers... hopefully the strap covers doesn't interfere with the harness clip since they are required to 40 lbs.

Hope it fits newborns... :) cuz if this get great reviews from the tester from here... (hint hint) this may be the primary seat for someone and her hubby who may will try for a baby next yr :)

\\

nmb

Can I use the extended head rest in RF?

I like the idea of a base in a convertible seat, but when would I need to take this seat in and out of the car without the base? Not bashing, just curious.
Special needs? Moms of multiples, and/or kids close together, esp if they are late walkers....? Although it's probably big enough to take up a whole shopping cart by itself leaving mom/dad to push 2 of them?

I don't know, I'm not a tech, but I love the idea that the base can stay in and be used RF and FF -- meaning as a parent I can go ONCE to have a professional install (& show me to install) the seat right, then leave it there...kid pees or spills something, I can take the seat out, wash the cover, don't need to reinstall it. I can install seats pretty easily FF but RF had a hard time getting them in tight and can remember waiting at home for my DH to be able to install the seat for me when it had to come out to be cleaned... this would eliminate that.... base would only need to come out and be re-installed if the car seat needed to be cleaned.
Also might be a good "grandparent" car for different ages of grandchildren if the harness is easy to adjust.... base can stay installed (not sure how many would leave it in, my mom would though) and seat flipped/adjusted for which child she has that day....

I wonder though if it can be installed w/out the base? :whistle: Not sure if that'd be "necessary" but bet it'll be done even if not 'allowed'....

msg221

Interesting concept but that seat is HUGE. I saw a review somewhere else that said it weighs 35 lbs.! :eek: And I thought the RN was heavy!

And about that recline, it even looked really reclined FF even when they showed it adjusted in the more upright reclined position. I can't imagine a FF child wanting to sit that reclined.

And again, why can't they use a child model over the age of 3 (minimum) when demonstrating FF? That little girl should still be RF!

daycaremom2002

I am going to have to keep my eye on reviews for this seat. It might be a great seat to have for my kiddos. I could use the same seat for many kids without having to constantly re-install.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I suspect that a base alone is a lot easier to install than a whole seat, that would make proper installation a lot more likely and easy. Just a guess, though...some of the easiest seats ever to install were ones that had a 'base' that the seat flipped up from, even though it didn't come off the seat (like the old maxi cosi priori, and i mean, old, the one from 2000, and the Britax King from the same vintage.)

I'm pretty sure the 35 pound weight listed on the BRU site is the shipping weight, not the weight of the seat ;)

SignCuer

mmm.. not certified for aircrafts... oh well, can't have everything :)

Otherwise, looks like a great seat...

When will this be released officially?

msg221

Shanora

Here is the manual
http://download.gracobaby.com/ProductInstructionManuals/PD163434A.pdf

On page 18 it gives you the weight limits and height limits for each stage. For rfing is states that Top of head AT LEAST 1” (2.54 cm) BELOW top of head support, so I'm wondering if that with it fully extended...if so thats ALOT of room for a tall child.

Well according to the manual, the bottom 3 positions (harness and head rest) are for rear facing, so that answers my question...lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC