Buying a Radian XT

flick37

I have been waffling for months about buying a Radian XT. Now, some online Canadian stores have it for $279, so I am thinking this might be the time to bite the bullet and get one!

But, before I finally take the plunge, I have a couple of questions:

I have read complaints about issues with the XT...such as fraying, harnesses coming loose, etc. This has me quite nervous, so would love to hear your opinions about this.

I was wondering if the Radian XT was the best way to go, or should I go with a 40lb RF seat. DD is 4 and 40lbs. DS is 14 months and 25 lbs. Both are on on the tall side (take after their dad who is almost 6'4". I don't have their current height measurements. Do you think that they would outgrow the seat by height before reaching the 45RF limit? If so, perhaps a different seat that is easier to install might be the way to go?

Thanks!!

ADS

MissAllyLou

I've had my XT for about a year now, and yes, some of the pads are starting to fray. It doesn't really bother me though :eek: ... I just turn the pad over if it starts to fray. My LATCH strap has never become loosened, even with a 30 pound 3.5 year old climbing in and out of it several times a day. I know it's a real problem for some, but I haven't had the issue.

I love my XT, so much so that I chose to keep it over my beloved Britax convertibles when I needed to downsize my collection. She has a ton of leg room, and could realistically fit RFing until she's 7 or so, provided she keeps on the same growth pattern. Her brother is 6, and he still rides in her seat sometimes when she's not with us!

This is her in a 65 model (the child in the XT is 14 months and all torso!):
76746_610688094402_40100018_35218375_1669269_n.jpg

Baylor

I was going to get one and changes my mind, Not only because of the issues but because of the way the company handled the complaints and issues..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC