Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Holly Sarah

Question Can I fit 3 kids in my car?

Hey guys!

I am new here and have a question.

I have been babysitting two 4 year olds after school and will continue to until they finish the school year (May 28).

I was recently contacted (through a babysitting service) to babysit an 11 month old as well.

It would mean having three carseats in my car because I have to pick the two four year olds up at school and then drop them off at their mom's workplaces later in the day.

I have a 1998 Subaru Forrester and am wondering if I'll be able to fit three carseats in it!

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

~Holly Sarah~

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Can I fit 3 kids in my car?

I think that Subarus are fairly narrow and not good for a 3-across sitution. You would have to try the car-seat combinations, though.

Re: Can I fit 3 kids in my car?

What seats are the 4 yr olds in right now? Although it is a pretty tight squeeze, you'd be amazed what you can fit in the little backseats of some cars, including Subarus . We have a 95 Legacy and while I certainly have no great love for installing things in it, it was our only vehicle for a while and I surprised even myself with some 3-across combinations (since we had 3 kids at the time and needed them to fit back there ). Depending on what seats the 4yr olds have or that you have for them, and on how much they weigh/how tall they are (I guess weight and height for the 11mo would help, too, but not by much, since he/she needs to be RF anyway), it will help us here get a better idea of what combinations and tricks to try to get everyone to fit .
    Amy Expired (need to recert!) CPST & Mom to 8 great kids, 3 in a seatbelt, 5 in seats