Can I fit 3 kids in my car?

H

Holly Sarah

Hey guys!

I am new here and have a question.

I have been babysitting two 4 year olds after school and will continue to until they finish the school year (May 28).

I was recently contacted (through a babysitting service) to babysit an 11 month old as well.

It would mean having three carseats in my car because I have to pick the two four year olds up at school and then drop them off at their mom's workplaces later in the day.

I have a 1998 Subaru Forrester and am wondering if I'll be able to fit three carseats in it!

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

~Holly Sarah~

ADS

ThreeBeans

I think that Subarus are fairly narrow and not good for a 3-across sitution. You would have to try the car-seat combinations, though.

lynsgirl

What seats are the 4 yr olds in right now? Although it is a pretty tight squeeze, you'd be amazed what you can fit in the little backseats of some cars, including Subarus :D . We have a 95 Legacy and while I certainly have no great love for installing things in it, it was our only vehicle for a while and I surprised even myself with some 3-across combinations (since we had 3 kids at the time and needed them to fit back there :p ). Depending on what seats the 4yr olds have or that you have for them, and on how much they weigh/how tall they are (I guess weight and height for the 11mo would help, too, but not by much, since he/she needs to be RF anyway), it will help us here get a better idea of what combinations and tricks to try to get everyone to fit :) .

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC