Seats to fly with

xxluckychicxx

We're heading to Calgary, AB this summer :D I've flown with DD before, but never with both kids. DS will still be 4 and DD will be 3.

Does anyone know if a FR85 will even install on a plane? And if so will it fit next to a FFing DC?

I'll be traveling by myself with 2 kids, 2 seats, a stroller, and enough crap for the 3 of us for 2 weeks :eek:

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
This summer? So you'll have a nearly five year old and a three year old? I'd take the Turbo and Maestro rather than the Frontier and DC.

Wendy

xxluckychicxx

I would like DS in a car seat on the plane. He has SPD and other special needs and he's never been on a plane before and I'd like for him to have his seat that he's comfortable with and used to, KWIM?

aeormsby

Does your DS fit in the Maestro? Your siggie says 42lb. I think that would be so much easier than the Frontier (we have a Frontier but I've never flown with it and don't plan to).

ETA - you could also (if you feel comfortable with it) take the TB & Maestro and have your DS use the Maestro on the plane, then have your DD just in the seat or rent/borrow a Cares harness for her on the plane.

xxluckychicxx

DS fits in the Maestro right now, but I dont think he will by June. He's *at* the 2nd to top slots on his FR85 :eek: so he's a beast. If he does fit I will take that for him and the DC for DD.

DS's TB is a NBB so I really dont feel comfortable using it for 2 weeks. Its just basically an emergency seat. I know, not ideal for a 4.5 yr old, but the 2 times he has rode in it he fit perfectly (dont even have to use the red seatbelt adjuster) and sat 100% correct, in the middle seat. Anyhoo that's a whole other topic for a different time ;)

I would like DD in a seat as well. My hope is that they will sleep on the plane, and if they"re each in their seats that they are used to they most likely will.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC