graco smartseat on BRU.com

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I cannot wait to read some reviews on this seat. I hope that car seat blog can get their hands on one soon.

Holly

So, this is supposed to be like a Graco AOE?
It will be interesting to see how well it does in each mode after people start reviewing it.

Last edited:

babyherder

Once again a pretty girly cover and a boring boy cover. Sigh. They have cool boy patterns (Lizards in line and the airplane TB come to mind) but they just decide not to use them very much, I guess.

canadiangie

Wow, at $299US I wonder what it will cost if it makes it to Canada. Holy smokes. And then tack on the cost of extra bases (that's the idea, right?) and you're looking at a bundle of cash.

hboo22

I wish it weren't so expensive, and that DH would let me have another baby :D and that it would be another girl.....cause I LOVE that Jessica print!!!

I noticed it was on there last night. I have a friend at the local BRU who also works in my department at Disney so he was giving me the Radian scoop the other day but didn't mention this seat. I will have to ask him!

He said there are many requests for the Radian (good to hear!) and that he was told they are getting it in store for January :thumbsup: The only other information he knew was that it would only be the XTSL's.

I will ask him about the Graco seat when I next see him.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Not in stores yet. The little 'available for instore pickup' button on that page is a little premature, but it just means you can pay for it online and go pick it up in the store (they allow this on quite a few products, obviously since this isn't IN stores yet, it's a touch misleading!)

Mags462

Oh my gosh.... it weighs 35lbs empty?!?! :eek: I cannot imagine putting a child in it and then carting it from car to car to snap in to a base.... :rolleyes: It would weigh an ever living TON. I am imagining trying to get a seat weighing 50lbs (with kid and seat combined) to snap and unsnap in to a base.... can't really see that being pleasant.

When the news of this seat first hit - i thought COOL, but the more i think about it, the more i just really find it impractical :whistle:

::er!ca::

Oh my gosh.... it weighs 35lbs empty?!?! :eek: I cannot imagine putting a child in it and then carting it from car to car to snap in to a base.... :rolleyes: It would weigh an ever living TON. I am imagining trying to get a seat weighing 50lbs (with kid and seat combined) to snap and unsnap in to a base.... can't really see that being pleasant.

When the news of this seat first hit - i thought COOL, but the more i think about it, the more i just really find it impractical :whistle:

I don't think it's meant to be transported like an infant seat. That's not the purpose of the base.

Pixels

I think the idea is more that you can have one seat and snap it into bases in various vehicles, instead of buying multiple convertibles. Not that it's supposed to be used like an infant bucket, where you carry the seat around with the child in it.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I agree - I can't imagine the base feature being for lugging it around *with* a child in it, just for the convenience of snapping it into a base in multiple vehicles rather than uninstalling and re-installing each time. I've never minded a 5 minute uninstall/re-install, when necessary, but I know some people who are terrified of the mere thought of it! It is a bit pricey, but I guess a base would be cheaper than buying a whole second seat. Love that girl pattern.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm sure it's 35 pounds shipping weight (seat, base, box, maybe even the box measurements that dictate shipping weight?)

daycaremom2002

I haven't read much on this seat yet. Does the base install the same way for FF or RF? Or do you have to turn it around. It looks like a nice versatile seat. Especially for someone like me who has so many different sizes of kiddos.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC