Do you ever lose car seat pieces?

Holly

I never have until this one, and it's driving me nuts!
I can't find my radian rf boot that is from my first radian (the old style).
I have my newer one, but when I use it, I have to use a locking clip to install because it won't work otherwise. something about the new one makes it difficult to install. My old style I've never had a problem with, I could get rock-hard-shake-the-car installs in seconds.
I have a rubbermaid bin with lid full of all car seat accessories, covers, chest clips, vehicle head rests, etc. At one point, we had the RF boot always in our trunk, and I took it out once when cleaning out the trunk. I have no idea where I put it. I don't even remember if this was before or after we moved, I think it was after. We moved in March.
I honestly can't remember where I put it, and I've checked several places.
I didn't throw it out, so I have it somewhere. This is so frustrating!
I'm sure I'll find it one day when I no longer need it.
At least I have the other one at all, even if it is a bear to install with.

ADS

NannyMom

All the time. Because I sit it down, and tell myself I'll put it in the right box (I have several bins of carseat parts/ covers) later. And, I never do. I don't want to think about how many turbo booster adjuster traps I have floating around.

geekKT

Not *yet*, but I really should just grab the TFP's little belly pad thing off the top of my backseat where it has been sitting unused for months and bring it inside before I do lose it. Thanks for reminding me. :)

christineka

I lose all sorts of things, but so far, the only car seat part I've lost is the Princess radian belly pad. It bother me, but isn't a big deal. Our princess cover will be filthy and not worth selling by the time we're done with it anyway and it doesn't detract from function.

MamaLinzie

I have 2 Radians, an older style from 06 and a new one from last year. I kept the RF foot for both of them in my trunk. DH took back the recycling and put BOTH of them in the recycling. GGGGRRRRR! Well, he doesnt remember doing so, but since he took back the recycling and they are no where to be found, Im putting 2 and 2 together here. He is guilty.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Easy-- have waaaay too many car seats! Ha!

I ended up making a "car seat parts" shelf and keeping everything (mostly) there.

emandbri

I've lost stuff and never found them. Right now I have one gray hug and one black MA strap cover.

BabyKaykes

I can't find the rf boot to my Radian. Its bugging me because I just knew I wouldn't lose it when I put it away...grrr...

tweetybaby2005

I have lost the belly pads of my expired Britax Marathon, my DS's FR belly pad, and the shoulder strap covers of my Graco Nautilus. I can't find the shoulder strap covers any where and it is driving me crazy. My DD didn't like them so she took them off. I hope they are still in the car some where.

christineka

I'm usually pretty good about keeping my car seat parts put away. The problem with the Princess pad was that dd peed in her seat on the way to the grandparents' house. I had to wash everything there. I stuffed the belly pad in my coat pocket. It wasn't in my pocket when we got home. I know the belly pad is no where in the house. It probably fell out of my pocket out outside somewhere.

leighi123

I left my radian boot on an airplane once. I now have an extra one that will live at grandma's so I dont have to travel with it.

I also lost the infant body padding for my nitro cover, no idea where it is. (not that I'll use it)

And Ive lost those stupid black pegs that hold the cover on, I've replaced them a couple times but now I dont bother sense the cover is fine without them. Every time I wash it they disapear!

Holly

I hate those pegs, my covers fit fine without them, I never use them. I take them off and purposely never put them back on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC