Radian XTSL - Would you keep it?

carseatfreak

Just installed a new Radian XTSL in an 06 Pilot outboard and having the same loosening problem. Honestly, I think it's scary how easy it is to loosen (even just playing with the strap before installing I was concerned). It seems to me this would be totally unsafe in an accident....that if the seat moved at a certain angle it would loosen itself (I know there is another post regarding this but I didn't want to hijack it with my questions). So my dilemma...I just got a REALLY good deal on 2 to use in my hubby's vehicle for a 3-across with a booster (that I can still return) and do not want to keep this seat if I cannot install with latch (it has to be able to be easily installed by either of us and I've heard belt installs are tricky for rear facing). So...what do you all think? Would you return it in this situation (if so what seat would you go with)? Has anyone had SKJP give them a good fix that makes them comfortable continuing to use this product with latch?

Thanks!

ADS

StPaulMom

Do you have to get 3 across in both vehicles, or just your husband's? What kind of vehicle does he have? Unfortunately, the only LATCH fix that SKJP will offer you is to replace your SL with a regular LATCH strap, which means you can only use it until 40 lbs (or 48, can't remember what Honda defaults to). You can choose to install it with a seatbelt, which would resolve the LATCH issue entirely. I know you said you only wanted to use LATCH, but you might as well try with the seatbelts, it might not be as difficult as you imagine (or...it will :whistle:).

carseatfreak

Do you have to get 3 across in both vehicles, or just your husband's? What kind of vehicle does he have? Unfortunately, the only LATCH fix that SKJP will offer you is to replace your SL with a regular LATCH strap, which means you can only use it until 40 lbs (or 48, can't remember what Honda defaults to). You can choose to install it with a seatbelt, which would resolve the LATCH issue entirely. I know you said you only wanted to use LATCH, but you might as well try with the seatbelts, it might not be as difficult as you imagine (or...it will :whistle:).

Just have to get 3 across in his vehicle (2006 Honda Pilot). We don't HAVE to get 3 across...it is just nice to be able to do it (it has a third row but we would LOVE not to have to let her enter the vehicle through the trunk) and I was impressed but it's high recommendations/reviews. So...I could do the regular latch strap and then hope we would get a replacement SL strap in the future? I need to try to install with belts...but it's freezing cold and snowy out...and with two babies the only time I get out to play with the seat is after their bedtime (and we have no garage right now!) :( . Hmmm...... I will say this is the first seat to ever intimidate me right out of the box (and then to throw this latch issue on top of it).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC