GN chest clip hard to open

kmarcus

just took our new nautilus out to get it ready to install and the chest clip is so hard to open...is this normal?? or am i just spoiled by the britax clips??

is this something i should return the seat over? or should i just get used to it? what if there was an emergency and someone else needed to quickly get him out of the seat and couldn't? or am i being ridiculous?

and what are the chances i could even return it after a month?

ADS

urchin_grey

Hmm, I would think something isn't right... The Graco seats have some of the easiest buckles and chest clips. My nephew could buckle and unbuckle his My Ride (same chest clip as the Nautilus) by 2.5yo.

kmarcus

if i just get a new chest clip, how hard is that to put on?? i think i've gotten pretty good at installing our car seats, but i have NO experience taking things off/putting things on. :)

thanks for your help.

urchin_grey

Shouldn't be too hard. If you flip the seat over, you'll see where both sides of the harness are hooked to the splitter plate. That's what connects the harness to the harness adjuster. To change the chest clip out, you'd just slip the harness off of the splitter plate, pull them through the harness slots, and switch out the chest clip. Then rethread through the slots and back onto the splitter plate (just make sure the loops are all the way back on). :)

Mommy2Marcus

If you can change out the harness height then you can change out the chest clip. Also mine was a little hard to undo to start with, but over time it got easier. It might just be that it is new & needs a few times being worked with. If you do not think it is going to get any better, then I would call Graco & ask for a new chest clip first. However whatever clip you change it to NEEDS to be a Graco chest clip!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC