It finally grew on me

I have been hating our true fit, the harness is a pain yes.. but I have been making myself use it cause I was un able to sell it.. and now I really really like it... so much that I think I want to give up a radian for a Premier.. It has really grown on me that much. I am getting used to the weird harness, it works well rfing and ffing for Fiona.. basically love it now.. wish it rear faced to 40 lbs lol.. but my pipsqueak kids really do not need the 40 lbs to get to 4 rear facing for the most part.. Nolan might make it closer to the 35 lbs than Fiona did by 4 but still honestly, I would be shocked, he is 2 years and almost 5 months and weighs 25 lbs give or take a few ounces.

Is the true fit premier the same install basically? what is different about it other than the arb?

This is just an idea I am toying with.. if I do it I guess I screw up the 3 across in Keiths car so I probably shouldn't.. but I might...

ADS
I probably am not doing it, I have a regular true fit and that is fine.. I am just being silly.. though I have always wanted to give one a try.. I always wonder if the ARB made it harder to install though.

jess71903

Ambassador
I hear that the ARB doesn't really affect the install. It does make the harness adjuster easier to get to. I've kind of wanted one, too. A True Fit with a 40lb RF limit would be my dream seat. I love it that much, RF and FF.

dawnp15

I really like my TF's too, but that harness adjuster when rfing is driving me nuts!!! I dont know if it's just my vehicle or what but i can barely shimmy my finger down there. But really that's my only complaint, so i just deal with it lol!!

MamaLinzie

I really wanted to like my TF, but it just did not install well in my car. And I have a small car and often have to do a 3-across, so it just did not work. I never had a problem with the harness, though.

I was just telling my sister how easy it was to turn a TF from rear to forward facing in 2 minutes. It takes me FOREVER to turn the Radian FF when I need to.

I really wanted to like my TF, but it just did not install well in my car. And I have a small car and often have to do a 3-across, so it just did not work. I never had a problem with the harness, though.

I was just telling my sister how easy it was to turn a TF from rear to forward facing in 2 minutes. It takes me FOREVER to turn the Radian FF when I need to.

haha I remember our true fits suck conversation not that long ago lol.. it was like "yea they totally suck, but they could be good, but they totally are a pain lol"

Anyways yes I had to turn Fiona on the side of a highway once, and it was so fast and took 2 minutes tops, in the true fit, I was glad I had used that seat.

MamaLinzie

Some friends of mine were walking and they needed a ride. The little girl was 6 and all I had in the car was the TF, RF. So I flipped it for her, moved the slots up, and it took me no time at all.

If only it fit in my car... if only...

haha I remember our true fits suck conversation not that long ago lol.. it was like "yea they totally suck, but they could be good, but they totally are a pain lol"

Anyways yes I had to turn Fiona on the side of a highway once, and it was so fast and took 2 minutes tops, in the true fit, I was glad I had used that seat.

Spam

I found the install basically the same. I loved my tfp and tf for that matter, that's probably the one seat I wish I would have hung onto for a spare. If it rearfaced to 40lbs it wouldn't have left my house, man I wish they would up the rfing limit on it. With the tfp, the harness adjustor is way easier to access. It's probably more tempting since they can be found for $150 now.

I found the install basically the same. I loved my tfp and tf for that matter, that's probably the one seat I wish I would have hung onto for a spare. If it rearfaced to 40lbs it wouldn't have left my house, man I wish they would up the rfing limit on it. With the tfp, the harness adjustor is way easier to access. It's probably more tempting since they can be found for $150 now.
150? where????:eek::whistle:

NannyMom

I prefer the TFP to the TF, and I've owned both at the same time. But, it kind of depends. Do you need a towel or noodles for your TF? The TFP design creates a gap (depending on the slope of your vehicle seats), where you'd normally put noodles. So, no noodles needed.

now the problem is I have this seat, and a roundabout 55 on my mind...... the roundabout 55 does not make sense as much since my kids are taller and thinner, BUT at the same time, I miss the ease of my marathon sometimes, and thought maybe it would make up for that longing lol. But I drive a sorrento and I have a much easier time with lower profile seats in it..

anyways this is all just speculation.. I have to wait till I have some paypal.. I am going away in about 30 minutes anyways to visit my family.. maybe I will sleep on it for the week and decide I really need to not buy any more car seats anyways lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC