Stroller help

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

I agree with lovin that the bjcmd will probably fit the bill nicely. But you might also want to look at one of the Phil and Ted's strollers. Then you would have the option of using it as a single or a double, and not have to deal with the too narrow to push a double through the 20 inch shovel path that the person left.....A double needs to to have the room on the sidewalk to fit, and I know many people who only shovel a shovel width.... maybe your town is better, and clear the whole sidewalk though.

autumnlily

Sorry, jumping into this a little late.

I love my BJCMD.

I have owned, a double BOB (fixed wheel version, Valco Tri-mode double, Phil & Ted (a classic and sport), a BumbleRide Twin and the BJCMD. I sold all the others and still have the BJCMD. When I'm at twin get togethers... I always win the in and out of vehicle "races".

It's small enough too... that if I have one rider it still doesn't feel huge.

If I ever went back to an inline style - I'd go with the Phil & Ted Explorer (the upgraded foot brake over classic/sport) or maybe the City Select (although I haven't seen it in person).

Maggie

I did check out the Phil and Ted, but the double seat doesn't look like it would be much fun for the rider in winter. It gets pretty sloppy, wet and messy here. I'd be afriad they'd get wet and cold.

$399 + free shipping + no tax seems to be the going price online? I'll be ordering online. Our baby boutique is crazy expensive on stuff. I bought my Joovy there and spent almost over $300 after tax. :eek: But I needed it ASAP. They want $449 for the BJCMD.

Maggie

The bumbleride looks cool, but I really think I need a double. I'll be walking fast because it's freezing out. I want to get up to the school doors, get DD1 and get back to the van ASAP. DD2 loves to stop, look, and touch everything while walking. :p During the summer, no problem. But when it's like 10 degrees out I want to keep walking.

poohbear

I did check out the Phil and Ted, but the double seat doesn't look like it would be much fun for the rider in winter. It gets pretty sloppy, wet and messy here. I'd be afriad they'd get wet and cold.

$399 + free shipping + no tax seems to be the going price online? I'll be ordering online. Our baby boutique is crazy expensive on stuff. I bought my Joovy there and spent almost over $300 after tax. :eek: But I needed it ASAP. They want $449 for the BJCMD.

The 2011s went up in price to $430 from $400. The main difference is that they added "pe boards" or back boards that make the seats more firm, and also "upright straps", though it was a rolling introduction, so some late 2010 models have them as well. For the pe boards, you can make your own out of cardboard or binders or can purchase them for $12 each. So if you want/don't mind a 2010, Albee has them for $344.99 shipped in all colors:

HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC