I haven't had car seats installed since last night!!

This seems super weird lol.

basically just cause Keith has to drive today, and there is a blizzard.. I am worried he will crash and we will have to replace the seats along with everything else lol.

Last edited:
ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I clear out mine for trips, or when I need to haul something, and it always feels weird to have all that empty space behind me. :D Especially if I end up folding down all the seats, it's almost like I'm driving a small pickup.

Kat_Momof3

same thing here with our van... when we clear it out to lug stuff, it feels weird.

But I think you did the right thing... because this weather makes accidents more likely to happen, and that'd be one less worry to have on your plate.

babyherder

Every time I go to college I leave my seats at home. For a while it seems really weird looking in the back of my car and seeing it not in its kiddy-mobile state.

Fremont_Sitter

I take seats out of the cars when i have to switch the seats for the different kids. and even though the seats are only in there for 2 or 3 days at a time, it still looks weird.

Sorry if this has nothing to do with anything.:whistle:

krasota

Smart thinking!

It's weird to see my car without kiddo's seat. I take it out when I take the car in for auto work or an oil change. After the work, I go by the full service auto wash and get it cleaned inside and out.

Kat_Momof3

I take seats out of the cars when i have to switch the seats for the different kids. and even though the seats are only in there for 2 or 3 days at a time, it still looks weird.

Sorry if this has nothing to do with anything.:whistle:

Welcome to the board... I notice that you may need some help figuring out a safer arrangment for your kids... An OHS seat is not considered safe (unless you can't afford a new one), and your baby should be rearfacing... also, your 8yr old most likely needs a booster seat and I notice you also have a 6yr old in only a seatbelt.

the 6yr old in the backless booster is fine, providing she has ample head support and can stay upright, even when sleeping, same for your 5yr old son, though most of us would prefer to see them in at least a highback booster.

Keeanh

DH had the benches out of my van for Christmas shopping. Then he wanted them left out for Boxing Day shopping, so they sat outside our garage for a week. The carseats were still installed on them / sitting on them. After the first night I put the carseats & boosters in the garage. But we occasionally have mice in our garage, so I put them back in the empty van. All 5 of them. Then I had to haul them out and put them back in the garage every time I used the van. Bah. Boxing Day is over, I want to put my benches & seats back but I have a migraine which means yet another night of my poor benches sitting outside.

Mom2FiveGirls

Our Excursion is car seat-less and looks SO empty! My parents kept the girls and are using my grandparents' Traverse. My mom has a scenera for the little girl she babysits and DD#5 is using that (her MR wouldn't fit since I needed 3 kids in the third row) so it came home with us, but we bought it in when we unloaded everything so we could vacuum it out while its empty.

Fremont_Sitter

Welcome to the board... I notice that you may need some help figuring out a safer arrangment for your kids... An OHS seat is not considered safe (unless you can't afford a new one), and your baby should be rearfacing... also, your 8yr old most likely needs a booster seat and I notice you also have a 6yr old in only a seatbelt.

the 6yr old in the backless booster is fine, providing she has ample head support and can stay upright, even when sleeping, same for your 5yr old son, though most of us would prefer to see them in at least a highback booster.

None of the kids are truely mine. I claim them all, but im just their sitter. I cant afford to buy baby sarah a new seat or i would, so i deal with what she has because they cant afford it either. as for the 2 in seatbelts, i have tried my hardest but didnt succeed. the other 6 year old i keep telling her to stay in her booster till she is 8, and so far its working lol. the 5 year old, he has been in a booster since he turned 3 and a backless since 3 months after that. so im doing good with getting them to keep him in a booster, my fear is they will pull him from the booster when he turns 6, he was only 40ish pounds when i saw him about a month ago.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Isabelle, is Sarah under the rear facing weight limit? If so, turn her rear facing at least. OHS's are convertible seats.

Wendy

MamaLinzie

It does feel weird not having any seats in the back. I cant imagine what it will feel like when I dont have any kids in any seats. But by that time, I will probably have grandkids.. lol

Isabelle, is Sarah under the rear facing weight limit? If so, turn her rear facing at least. OHS's are convertible seats.

Wendy

yea also make sure it isn't expired, maybe you can write up a rule that the parents have to provide the kids with adequate seats that comply with at least the law.

Fremont_Sitter

please understand that i am not being stupid by transporting the kids unsafely, i rarely take them anywhere. we usually walk to where we are going.

yea also make sure it isn't expired, maybe you can write up a rule that the parents have to provide the kids with adequate seats that comply with at least the law.

i dont know if i should do that because Sarah and Abi's mom cant afford to get new carseats.

Wendy

IDK what the limit is, i dont even know how to install a seat rearfacing (except infant bucket seats).

DahliaRW

Is it bad that when it snowed here and dh drove the van I told him to drive carefully, but even if he did wreck the car then at least I got to buy new seats...:whistle:?

Fremont_Sitter

:thumbsup:

Thank you!!:D I like being praised for my good efforts.:love:
There should be stickers on the carseat that answer both of these questions....

I'll look next time I see her. I did tell Sarah's mom about ERF, and she told me she tried installing it rearfacing but it didn't fit. Saddly Sarah outgrew her infant seat by height at 9.5 months old,:eek: and had to forward face :thumbsdown: due to space issues in her mom's truck.:( I'll play with her seat if her aunt leaves the car next time. She probably won't leave it though, she has only done it once.

Mae

Fremont Sitter -- For the kids in the Graco TurboBoosters, click the link in my siggy to make sure you have the screws installed in the side of the boosters - It's an essential part of the boosters, and if the screws aren't there, it's an easy fix. :thumbsup:

Fremont_Sitter

Fremont Sitter -- For the kids in the Graco TurboBoosters, click the link in my siggy to make sure you have the screws installed in the side of the boosters - It's an essential part of the boosters, and if the screws aren't there, it's an easy fix. :thumbsup:

Yes the screws are in his booster, I checked last year. lol, thanks for telling me though.:thumbsup:

cookie123

Ha, ha. I also took my seats out for the bad weather. I had to go to work and figured it was best. I might like to kill the Radian though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC