Got a Safeseat (pics)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I had a "sticky adjuster" DC that was replaced with a BV which I received yesterday. I sold that on E-Bay and bought a Safeseat and I plan on using it until the new Recaro comes out so I can decide if I want that. I figured now was the perfect time to sell the BV since it had never been opened. We got Ionic and I love the colors. But I am really not that impressed with the seat. It seems so flimsy. The handle for instance makes this loud noise when it clicks into place, almost like a spring springing. I guess I am used to the Peg which was very solid, maybe that's why it is heavier than other infant seats. But I think I will grow to love the seat like everyone else does...at least I sure hope I do!
safeseat013.jpg

safeseat009.jpg

He has a few inches left before he is to the 1" limit, I sure hope he doesn't grow too fast from here on out. :p
safeseat008.jpg

ADS

Splash

Oh you will. I LOVED my SS1. I with it went even higher! It's such a wonderful seat... really among the best I've used. I like it WAY better than my BVs.

How much did you get for the BV? I've got a NIB one that I might sell. Actually, I'll sent it back to Britax (tether recall) for ANOTHER NIB one, and then sell that one. Maybe. Or it might just continue to sit in my living room like it has since it arrived.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Oh you will. I LOVED my SS1. I with it went even higher! It's such a wonderful seat... really among the best I've used. I like it WAY better than my BVs.

How much did you get for the BV? I've got a NIB one that I might sell. Actually, I'll sent it back to Britax (tether recall) for ANOTHER NIB one, and then sell that one. Maybe. Or it might just continue to sit in my living room like it has since it arrived.

Haha we went to dinner tonight and I loved having it after holding him on my lap for the past 4 weeks! But even my husband came home and was fiddeling with it and said "it feels so cheap"! I think it is just different then what we are used to. I actually think it is lighter with Griff in it than the Peg was when he was only 2 months old! Oh and the BV went for BIN after less than 24 hours on E-Bay for $250 plus $32 shipping. Good luck with yours!

And thank you everyone for the compliments!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC