SmartSeat versus Nautilus

G8r4evr

DD is almost 3 and is currently FF, center seat in Nautilus. We were about to buy a new Nautilus (mainly because Im bored with the pattern :eek:), until I read a little about the SmartSeat. Since she is already FF, should I save my money and just get another Nautilus, or are there other benefits to choosing the SmartSeat over the Nautilus, for FF's?

Thanks!!

ADS

zactayaus

Why not just buy another cover for your Nauti if you're bored with the one you have? Of course if you just want another seat no one here will fault you for that so go ahead and go for it.

emandbri

You can buy new covers from graco or you if you have swap access you can try trading there. Some covers you can't buy from graco though if they are "exclusives" for a certain store. I know you can't buy daisy I called and asked! lol

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
SmartSeat has on the fly recline for FF (like the old SS2/Cozycline had, and no other seat has ever had since the Maxi Cosi Priori, you just grab a lever and pull the front up and the kid is reclined...yes, they've tested it, it's safe). Not that anyone has actually seen one of these yet or put their kid in it, so we really don't know whether it's better than the Nautilus or not. It costs as much as a Frontier (actually, more!), if she's FF already, I'd find a sale on a Frontier 85 (only if there's some feature of the Nautilus you have a problem with, like tight crotch strap space, or head flop when sleeping, and the Frontier may trump the Nauti in that case) (unless you need a convertible in the future...?)
:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC