Combi better then Graco???

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I was on TJ Kid's website and this is what it said
Combi - Centre DX #789462

The Centre DX is a safe and comfortable mid-range infant carseat from our friends in the East, Combi. Lightweight and fashion forward, Combi car seats are a step above Graco seats in terms of quality and ease of installation, and offer certain distinct features (like the anti-rebound base) that enhance the seat’s safety.

$189.95CDN
Does anyone agree with this?

Last edited:
ADS

Lara

Well, I love the combi centre seats! I played with the dx for a long time at USA baby once! :D

Definatly way nicer than my sr was. The base has a built in locking clip, and installed SO nicely in my car with latch and seatbelt (not at the same time, of course). The seat i played with had decent padding, and adjusted really really small (so it would fit a tiny baby well). It is standard with a front adjuster and EPS foam. It is also REALLY light, and the handle is a great shape... very easy to carry.

The only thing I didn't like was the puzzle buckle, but I could get over that.

cpsaddict

I wouldn't say the Combi is any safer than a Graco, but there are some things that are nicer. The padding is much nicer that the Snugride. I hate the handle on the Combi's and the canopies are a bit flimsy. The Snugride is your standard issue car seat in my opinion. Now, the Safe Seat has some things that are really nice. The built in lock off on the base is wonderful. So nice. The padding on the SS is also nice and the non twist straps are great. So, all in all, I think each brand has their strong points, but I wouldn't say one is safer than another. I think it depends on taste. I personally think the Centre is hideous. It looks really funky. I think the SR is just ok and the SS is alright. I LOVE the look of the Keyfit. These are just my opinions and someone may have different ones. I think that website just stating the Combi is better does not tell the buyer much. What are they basing that statement on?

JMO!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I wish I had played w/ these seats more. I've never seen one at a check and have almost no knowledge of them. They don't seem to be very widely reccomended though...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC