Bubble Bum

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Can't find the one I was thinking of, but I found this scary thing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlET0g40UKo"]YouTube - Inflating the Easycarseat child booster car safety seat[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObaqYcSePKM"]YouTube - Installing the Easycarseat in a car[/ame]

HEVY

Rachel says that's not safe, it looks dangerous and could be popped. Oh and she added that people don't know what they are buying.

Evolily

Oooh, awesome! It looks like it will be great for 3 across. I wouldn't be afraid it would puncture in a crash- a crash where you have sharp projectiles flying around would be unusually dangerous to the child. Plus it looks like it's pretty thick.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
What a weird idea.

ETA: I mean, I get it, and I get why it could fill a particular niche, but I would have never imagined someone would come out with an inflatable child safety seat.

Last edited:

ConnorsMommy

I can see why it would be good for older kids for use as a back up or travel seat, or for people that frequently use taxis or other public transportation. I don't think it would be good for everyday use though.

Kobain's Mommy

I wouldn't use it for everyday use, but would be nice for someone like me who from time to time takes my Godchildren and woudln't take up much room in a trunk.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Aren't some ambulance child seats inflatable? I know those aren't for public consumption, but I do believe that they are inflatable.
http://www.medexsupply.com/products...rS.htm?zmam=34602484&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=33779

Yeah, they are, but that's such a different application that it's hardly comparable. Infrequent use in a large, high-visibility vehicle, only when absolutely necessary is a far cry from someone choosing an inflatable booster to use every day. Although I do wonder if that's where the inventors of the product got their inspiration.

I'll admit I was surprised to here the rave review from the carseatlady site. I wonder how the general public will react to it when it comes out in April.

Evolily

I'll admit I was surprised to here the rave review from the carseatlady site. I wonder how the general public will react to it when it comes out in April.

I think she's looking at it differently than how many (most?) members here look at it. Members here tend to look at these things as "how does it apply to my children". And, honestly? This probably doesn't apply to many of the cso member's children, as they are willing to figure out how to puzzle car seats, willing to spend $130 on a Ride Safer Travel Vest, $280 for a Radian, willing to lug around boosters, etc, etc, etc.

But when looking at the general population having a seat that is cheap, easily transportable, able to provide proper belt fit, fits well in small spaces, etc, etc can make HUGE strides in ensuring children are properly restrained.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Hmmm.... I wish there were some pics of real kids (not just that stock photo under the video).

One thing I was thinking about was the "shorter seat pan" she refers to near the end of the video... Do you think it would give enough lg support to be comfortable to the older kid? It does look really ... not deep (I can't think of the word for that, lol) I mean, DD would fit nicely, but DD is in no way old enough for a backless booster (nor is she 40 lbs, but she does have really long legs).

I don't know. Part of me thinks it would be a nice niche-market seat (easy transport, great for playdates, etc). I doubt I would use it for every day use either though.

lovemybabies924

i could see getting one of these for a trip..but not every day use..i would prefer something more substantial under my kids' bum hehe

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
CelticLabyrinth said:
Oooh, awesome! It looks like it will be great for 3 across. I wouldn't be afraid it would puncture in a crash- a crash where you have sharp projectiles flying around would be unusually dangerous to the child. Plus it looks like it's pretty thick.

Same here! I'm really excited this is coming to the US, finally. I'm so tired of the usual travel and three across options I have to recommend, this will be a real boon to me, personally. (The carseatlady works in NY City, she's got a LOT of cab riders to advise how to restrain properly)

Edited to add...OMGosh, I posted this on my ipod, then fell back asleep and had a dream about it...in my dream, it was shorter than the clek, but more comfy, the kids loved it, especially the kid that had been restrained in the front seat with a nylon-strap luggage carrier (yeah, it was extremely weird, lol).

Last edited:

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Sorry I had not seen the previous threads - I searched for Bubble Bum as 2 words and the other threads were BubbleBum.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yeah, they are, but that's such a different application that it's hardly comparable.

Oh, I agree. I was just responding to your comment that you never imagined someone would come out with an inflatable child safety seat. I understand what you are saying about the difference, and I agree with you, but I was just clarifying that they do actually already exist.

Evolily

If you look at the UK site it says it passed testing while deflated (although they don't suggest this). So, evidently, it works reasonably well even when not inflated.

StPaulMom

It's passed all the same tests as every other booster on the US market. We use this logic to explain to parents why the Scenera is just as safe as the Britax, so we need to take our own advice ;) I think "different" is sometimes scary and, as creatures of habit, it's hard for us to accept change. But I think this is a fantastic idea. It's inflatable, but the cover is made of incredibly durable, dense material. The belt guides are made of metal. If used properly, I dont see why this would be any less safe than any other booster available, although I agree that this is probably not ideal for daily use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC