Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Graco SafeSeat question

Do any of the Graco SafeSeats come with strap covers? I am not seeing any on Graco's site but I see several SnugRides that DO, which seems odd
    Tam
    Mom to two long-torsoed girls and one boy!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Graco SafeSeat question

I don't even think there are any Snugrides that do. You can order some off the Graco website I know.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

I thought eht Graco strap covers were the pseudo-aftermarket ones? I thought they had to be bought separately...

Oops-- I didn't see thepeach80's response before I posted. Sorry!

Lotus and Milan do in SnugRides, not sure which others do.

The pseudo aftermarket strap covers on their site say not for use with the SafeSeat

Just seems odd that they'd make them for higher end SnugRides, but not higher end SafeSeats. I can see a parent getting a Snugride over a SafeSeat just because of that.
    Tam
    Mom to two long-torsoed girls and one boy!

Oh, you are right... look at those strap covers on the Snugrides: (It looks like it is Metropolitan, Lotus, and Milan)

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

pseudo aftermarket strap covers on their site say not for use with the SafeSeat
    I bought a set off of Gracobaby.com and it didn't say anything about not for use w/the SS1. Now, the combo set (head rest & strap covers) says that, but the strap covers alone did not. I know...I bought the combo set...ended up giving it to a friend, then saw the strap covers alone, and it did NOT say it. I read it several times to be sure (they aren't on there now). So I ordered them.
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    25, 24, 18, 7yr, 7yr and 5yr!

Proud new 'Grammy' to Sophia 4/4/11, Kyra 12/15/11...and Elijah James 4/06/12

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot20171 View Post
    Oh, you are right... look at those strap covers on the Snugrides: (It looks like it is Metropolitan, Lotus, and Milan)

Oooh yeah those nice snugrides come with strap covers....I've removed dozens of sets of them (they really push the chest clip way too low on newborns, so I'd always take them off right away, stick them in the ziploc bag with the instructions, lol).

Dunno what's up with the nice SS1's not having them
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good