It was probably (definitely) crazy, but...

Splash

I know that the last thing I should do while unemployed is make a big ticket purchase... I know this! But I *did* get a month's severance, and I can collect 50% unemployment if I don't have a job once that runs out. I KNOW I'll have a job within a month, so we're not in danger of starving...
I wouldn't have ordered it now, but I wanted to get it before the sale was over. I know these things go on sale all the time, but part of the appeal of this company was the price. Plus, we've gone through such financial turmoil with his medical bills since he's been born, and this was the first time we were really going to get him something nice, reagrdless of the price. I couldn't back out of it once we promised it to him (and believe me, he KNOWS he's getting it!)
The people I've talked to who have them love them, and the owner is really great (so far) and was really accomodating to Charlie's individual needs. I would have preferred the tire swing under the fort and shave three feet off the total length, but AJ really wanted that picnic table.

So, without further ado... Charlie's second birthday present! (He'll just be getting it a bit early, oh well)

http://www.kidscreations.com/3dbuilder.cfm?config=405080014005500011101100100000104200470

ADS

JaRylan

When can we come play? It looks great and what a deal. Enjoy!

ETA - that is too funny that you can flip the model upside down and look underneath. Cool. I like how the awnings go out over top of the slide and climbing wall, lots of sun protection.

I know that the last thing I should do while unemployed is make a big ticket purchase... I know this! But I *did* get a month's severance, and I can collect 50% unemployment if I don't have a job once that runs out. I KNOW I'll have a job within a month, so we're not in danger of starving...
I wouldn't have ordered it now, but I wanted to get it before the sale was over. I know these things go on sale all the time, but part of the appeal of this company was the price. Plus, we've gone through such financial turmoil with his medical bills since he's been born, and this was the first time we were really going to get him something nice, reagrdless of the price. I couldn't back out of it once we promised it to him (and believe me, he KNOWS he's getting it!)
The people I've talked to who have them love them, and the owner is really great (so far) and was really accomodating to Charlie's individual needs. I would have preferred the tire swing under the fort and shave three feet off the total length, but AJ really wanted that picnic table.

So, without further ado... Charlie's second birthday present! (He'll just be getting it a bit early, oh well)

http://www.kidscreations.com/3dbuilder.cfm?config=405080014005500011101100100000104200470

thats awesome!! he will love it.
when is his birthday?

TheRealMacGyver

Awesome Splash, I like it. The rock climbing wall and rope climbing ramp are very cool, that should give him some exercise huh? Don't want to be nosey (but I will anyhow:D ), but are they installing it for that price too?

Splash

Nah, our dads have to put it together. But it comes mostly assembled, not in tons of pieces. All the holes are predrilled, the floor is one piece, all the fences are one piece (per fence, I mean), the swing hangers are in place (we're adding a baby swing to it, which is why there is only one on the beam). Everyone I've talked to said they had them up in about 5 hours with two regular folks. Other ones were were looking at were 24+hours and hundreds of pieces. This one will be about 30-40 pieces, and should go together really easy. The only thing we really have to "assemble" is the rock wall. The rock wall itself comes put together, we just have to put the rocks on wherever we want them. And he's completely closing in the rock wall so that Charlie's can't access it (from the forst) right now (though he can still get to it from the ground), and when he's older, we'll just remove the rails and he can play on it. Right now, though, the fort will be completely enclosed except for the slide and ramp.
I wanted a ladder versus the ramp. Smaller, cheaper, and better for little people, but AJ wanted the ramp. And he LOVES the ramp. The ramp and the tire swing have been his favorites on every set we've looked at.
That price does include delivery, though. A comparable set from Rainbow was about $5000, and Cedarworks even more! Actually, there was NO set from Rainbow where we could get the tire swing on the swing beam, and with Cedarworks I would have to get monkey bars to have a tire swing. I do NOT want monkey bars! This was the only set I could find where we could have an enclosed fort and have the tire swing on the beam, so I went with it. And they have a lifetime warranty with 30 day money back, and a 4 year positive record with the BBB, so I went for it. There is actually a guy in Safety Harbor (about 20 minutes from here) who says I can come look at his, but I am just too lazy to drive up there. So I just ordered the darn thing sight unseen. I'm sure it will be great, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC