Nautilus chest clip

flutie128

Ok so DS has had his nautilus for about 2 years. Today when buckling up to leave for Grandma's house both prongs on the chest clip broke off. Do you know if I can buy a replacement clip from a store. I check Babies R Us but they only had the old style infant seat clip which I don't think would work. Do you think that Graco would just replace it for me since I don't think that a clip should fail under normal use after 2 years when I am suppose to be able to use it in harness mode for 6. Good thing he can ride in a booster well since we are driving to the beach on Sunday and that is his only harnessed seat.

ADS

amyd

I imagine Graco will replace the clip or it will cost very little to replace. In the meantime, as long as the harness is tightened properly, it's not unsafe to use the seat harnessed with the clip removed if you wish. The clip provides pre-crash positioning for the harness.

flutie128

I imagine Graco will replace the clip or it will cost very little to replace. In the meantime, as long as the harness is tightened properly, it's not unsafe to use the seat harnessed with the clip removed if you wish. The clip provides pre-crash positioning for the harness.

Now, I wish I had thought of that before I drove to the beach in the snow. I really had to remind him once or twice not the slouch once or twice and we were in the car for 4-5 hours because of bad road conditions. I might put it in without the chest clip when we get back though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC