FF CA issues

swtgi1982

FF CA 65 issues

Ok so yeah do not try to adjust head rest in this one while installed in a car with extremely squishy seats. The darn shoulder pads get stuck behind the seat in the adjustment thing and will not let it lock in place. I had to uninstall and literally turn it over and make it lock in place.

Last edited:
ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I guess I don't see that as a true "issue" with the seat, moreso maybe just a mild disappointment? The frontier can't be changed while installed either, which was a bummer to me, I'll admit. It might be a nice "perk" if you can do it in some vehicles, but I don't see the lack as a negative.
If a parent wants to ensure that a seat can have the harness height be adjustable while installed, there are a number of seats on the market that can guarantee that, such as the evenflo infinite harness seats like the Triumph, Symphony, Momentum.

Will you be needing to frequently change the harness ehight for multiple kids?

swtgi1982

No I do not have an issue with my standard 50 lb limit CA with this. I thunknit is merely the harness pad that goes through the seat and attaches to that bar that locks into place when adjusting. I found the harness pads frequently slide back through to the back of the seat. I just wish they were removable and not permenantely attached. Being that all else on it is the same as the older model I think that if they were removable this would not be an issue.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I have never had a problem with my 50lb limit CAs (regular and LX models). I change the headrest height pretty frequently.

swtgi1982

Sorry no the issue is with my CA65 the harness covers on that one get caught. My CA 50s never have this issue.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm not familiar enough to know, and it would be a bit more of a pain, but is it something that having an extra pair of hands from a helper available to tug down the harness pads while you loosen and adjust up the harness would help alleviate?

swtgi1982

Not that I can see KQ. It slides in with normal use and gets stuck some how even that way. I constantly have to pull them out every time I buckle her in. She uses to be able to buckle herself in the old CA but now is not able to since they either get stuck coming through the seat (90%of the time) or the bunch up where they meet the seat in he front. It was so nice with three little ones to have be able to buckle herself and just have to check it after she gets done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC