Pics of Charlie in seats...

Shaunam

I took DD to babies'r'us and tried her in some of the newer seats. I hope this may be able to help some of you who work with SN kids from time to time.

Of course, you all know she primarily rides in a graco my ride and fits beautifully rf'ing and ff'ing. No forward head slump and it supports her torso well too.

Charlie is 3 years, 2 months 23 lbs and 36" tall. She's long in the torso but I can't get a good measurement because she can't sit up.

Well I was pleasantly surprised by the evenflo triumph 65 (correction: MOMENTUM 65...whoops). The MR is what replaced our old triumph advance because it was sooo horrible for her. The newer design is a lot better.

cs6-1.jpg

cs9-1.jpg

cs8-1.jpg

cs7-1.jpg

The side view is of the seat in the 2nd recline position. I always used the EFTA fully upright for Adrian, but obviously a ff'ing SN child might need the 2nd recline position. I think it would be even more reclined installed in a car (our store got rid of their test bench so I couldn't try it on that :(). She has a little more room to grow in it than the MR (although, again, that's my best guess since I couldn't try it on a car seat).

So this is one seat I wouldn't hesitate to recommend for a child who needs extra support.

Next is the onside air. I couldn't put the straps in the top slot to try it that way because of the plastic thingy they had in it. I like how narrow this is through the shoulders but I think it would ONLY work rf'ing for a child like Charlie. When ff'ing the recline foot has to be down (I think the sceneras say or used to say it was ok to have it up?). The last pic is of the buckle. I hate the buckle. The opening is short and I think it would have twisty problems. They were already trying to fold over on themselves while I was messing with it. That's just a general complaint though.

cs2-1.jpg

cs3-1.jpg

cs1-1.jpg

Complete air. I don't know how I feel about this one. She has plenty of head support but is slumpy through the torso. You can see how she's leaning to her right and the strap is digging into her neck. I don't know the rules on ff'ing recline. She has miles of growth room though.

cs4-1.jpg

cs5.jpg

Roundabout 55 (I think?). She was pretty well supported in this one too. I don't know the rules on recline ff'ing though. I don't think she could keep her head up that well for a whole car trip. I was shocked at how close to the top slots she was! And the short seat depth would be an issue for rf'ing kids with high tone in their legs.

cs11-1.jpg

cs12-1.jpg

The new blvd. Meh.

cs10-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

firemomof3

Cool pics! Charlie is so adorable :love: and such a good model. Have you tried her in the cozycline? I bet that would be a nice fit too.

ericarizo

She is adorable. Just wanted to let you know that the first picture you have up is not the Evenflo Triumph65 it is the Evenflo Momentum65. I have the same exact seat and loooove it.

Shaunam

She is adorable. Just wanted to let you know that the first picture you have up is not the Evenflo Triumph65 it is the Evenflo Momentum65. I have the same exact seat and loooove it.

Ah...thanks. I haven't kept up too much on the newer seats and I Charlie was not exactly enjoying herself so I wasn't paying attention to the names. LOL I'll have to go look to see what the differences are. :eek:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The Complete Air does not allow reclining in the FF position.

That's not entirely correct. The regular CA does require the foot to be flipped into the upright position. However, the LX/SE models that have a manual recline mechanism, DO allow for the seat to be in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th recline positions, if it lies flush against the seatback. So, depending on the vehicle, you *may* be allowed to use a CA LX/SE in a semi-reclined mode when FFing. :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I am still stunned that she is THREE. Seriously, it's been three years? (she was just a newbie when I arrived here) Geez, they grow up fast! Love the hair!

Andbabymakessix

In my older Britax seats they do allow for a RFing recline upto the RFing limit. I am not sure about the newer modles.

For us the MyRide doesn't work great for FFing (low tone). I have yet to find a seat that will work for long rides FFing for our son.

Amy

leighi123

Levi had the same issue with the straps digging into his neck in the CA, I thought it looked uncomfortable though he didnt complain.

mommycat

Thank you (and Charlie) for the pictorial! I was just thinking that she didn't have a ton of fun because I have never seen so many pictures of her without a single smile. :D

I was surprised at how little support the CA was providing because it seems so narrow to me all the way down. I guess not.

andre149

I'm actually really surprised that the Evenflo had the most support out of all of those. Charlie is absolutely adorable, she's looking so grown up!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC