I did it!

Cilia

I was out in the garage cleaning out the car when DD1 requested to sit in the center so that she could take care of DD2. I told her I have tried it and it does not work. Well, she asked me to try again and I did. And it worked! I got the RA50 ff in the center and the RA rf passenger side.

I had the RA in to start with, installed the RA50 and uninstalled the RA. The RA50 was in solid, a little movement, but no way near 1 inch. I then reinstalled the RA without the RA50 (I could not get my fingers in there to reinstall it otherwise) and then went back to the RA50. I think I got the 50 even tighter this time because I moved the 40 a bit more over to the side and put more wight on the 50.

There is a slight tilt to the 50, but not much. And there is room for someone my size behind the driver - perfect for when we get company in a couple of weeks!

But of course I kind of doubt my own abilities, so if anyone can duplicate what I did and let me know I would be ever so grateful ;)

ADS

hrice

My concern would be verifying that they are independently solid installs. Remove the seat that wasinstalled first and check the second seat. If that install is good then reinstall the first.

When I had two MAs side by side I was told to do this by atech on here and found that they were not independently sound installs but I got that corrected.

Kat_Momof3

it sounds like the pp did this and that they were independent installs... great job!!

sometimes it really does take just installing the outboard seat so it's a little further to the side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC