Need advice on selling a car seat.

vonfirmath

Children: DS 8/3/2007, Due 8/5/2011

Car Seats:
Graco Safeseat DOM 2006 w/2 bases
Marathon DOM May 2008 (have extra cover)
Roundabout50 DOM 2009
Maestro DOM 2010 (Not selling)

I intend to use the Graco Safeseat with the new baby. When it expires Dec 2012, the baby should be plenty ready to be placed into a convertible.

The Marathon expires May 2014. The Roundabout50 in 2015 (I forget the month. Sorry)

So to some extent it makes sense to sell the Marathon and keep the Roundabout50 -- it will certainly keep the second child through to the time they need to move FF. With the Marathon expiring May 2014, when child will be only 2y 9m... it'd force a move to FF at that point. But I like having the spare cover for the Marathon -- would a denim Marathon cover fit the Roundabout50?

DS could use either the Marathon or the Roundabout50 as his second seat.

Or I could get rid of both Marathon and Roundabout50, buy a Graco Nautilus for DS's second seat and plan to buy a new convertible when baby needs it.

With 4 years between the kids, we'll have the same problem with the FF seats too. Having to sit a while between when DS does not need them anymore and when next child can use them.

ADS

Calleiah

Personally, I'd probably only keep the infant seat for the baby. By the time the baby is in a convertible, there are likely to be some newer, better choices that will last longer than either of the Britax's. I'd sell them and put the money aside for a new convertible later. Just a thought.:twocents:

Kat_Momof3

if the seats are the same shell (which I believe they are) the cover should fit... why not pull out the seats and play dress-up to see!

Kobain's Mommy

Personally, I'd probably only keep the infant seat for the baby. By the time the baby is in a convertible, there are likely to be some newer, better choices that will last longer than either of the Britax's. I'd sell them and put the money aside for a new convertible later. Just a thought.:twocents:

I was thinking the same thing. Or like you said get DS another Maestro and pocket the rest.

lovemybabies924

you could at least try putting them on craigslist and see if they sell...if not then use them for the baby until they expire and slowly start saving now for a new seat when that happens :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC