I'm Not a Decisive Person, Please Help?

Jonah Baby

We don't need all these seats around here. Every seat I have has a major benefit to it over another and each would potentially bring us a chunk of change if we sold it off. Which one to possibly let go, I'm not sure...
Jonah has outgrown the MyRide, so Avery has available a MyRide, a Coccoro, and his primary Marathon. Logistically, J could use the Marathon if ever needed, but he does have his FR85 and a Wizard (exp. in March) and so he has not ever used it to date.

Practically, what would last longer anyway? MyRide or Marathon?
I'm attached to both I guess is the issue. The MyRide is by far my favorite convertible of all time, but I have little desire to get rid of the Marathon. The MyRide has set unused for a time now, but the Marathon only has about 2 years of life left. Because of the Marathon cover, they might bring the same amount of Craigslist money though.
When the Wizard expires, we will NOT have a seat for J compatible with my Stepmother's car. This is a huge issue I don't yet know how to tackle (but if needed, A's Marathon could be used in a pinch for him, another reason to not want to get rid of that one.) Not sure how long J could use the Britaxes?

Avery has that super-tall torso, is a skinny little thing, but often weighs-in heavy (he's certainly built like K, not me!) I BELIEVE current measurements give him just at/under 20#'s (but he's gone to formula and more solids, so that may change), a 12"-12.25" torso, I don't know overall height, can measure later.

The benefit of a Coccoro at all is that it makes 3 across the back of my van a piece of cake, it's small and lightweight, it fits well where we'd need it in my Mom's car possibly even puzzling with J's seat...it doesn't take much room to store when not in use, unlike the MR or MA.

I find the MA easier to install FF, MR easier RF.
The MR has the highest RF weight limit, but isn't the MA shell taller?
The MA will RF tether in my van and most other vehicles we use.
The MA, I think, is easier to put a RF child in in the 2nd row of my van, but the MR might be easier in the 3rd row if ever needed.
MR generally gives more leg room than a MA.
More years left in the MR than the MA.

Gee, maybe I should sell them ALL and start over, lol. I have little interest in another Radian, though, or anything else on the market actually. I'm pretty comfortable with what I own (which I guess is the issue.)
What would you let go?

ADS

Chely7425

Honestly I would probably keep all of them :) but this is coming from the person with only 1 car that her 3 kids ride in and 9 seats.... I'm trying to decide what to sell too :)

ntrenary

I'm the opposite. I've had a lot of seats, but I can't stand to have one sitting with it's usable life ticking away in storage.

babyherder

I'd sell the coccoro. It sounds like having it is more of a convenience than a necessity. Or, keep them all...

Jonah Baby

I wish we could keep them all, but realistically we need the money for bills first. Our grocery fund for January is a $30 gift card I got from Grandma. We're in trouble again and this time is MUCH scarier with a car loan to pay and an infant with such a...restricted? diet.:(
...Things always happen for a reason, we've made it through before.

Pixels

I'd sell the Coccoro first.

Is the Frontier confirmed incompatible with MIL's car? Have you had anyone else try it? If J isn't available to help you, I could make the trip after Christmas (soon after Christmas, my due date is coming up and my carseat installing days are numbered).

sunnymw

if there is a true incompatibility i would sell the cco and ma and use part of those funds for a maestro and the rest for groceries. unless you will get less than $80 for the ma of course.

Jonah Baby

if there is a true incompatibility i would sell the cco and ma and use part of those funds for a maestro and the rest for groceries. unless you will get less than $80 for the ma of course.

Our BRU finally got the Maestro in, so I could try it out in her car - if it doesn't work I would not buy it, but there's an idea to try.
Pixels, I'll ask J again for help, but I think she's pretty busy these days. If you happen to come my way I'd love to meet up.
Ok, no one believes me about these weird plastic "hinges" in Stepmother's car, lol. The Frontier's back/base is so wide that it just BARELY fits over/in front of these plastic bumps/hinges in the outboard seating positions in her back seat (never tried center just because she generally does not like it there for a few reasons.) Because it BARELY fits over them, making the FR85 stick farther out from the vehicle seat than it should, when the belt is tightened, it causes the FR to "shift" on these hinges, making the FR pop one side off of them (which turns the seat dramatically to one side and won't allow a tight installation.)

AHH!:
LINKY
Do you see the plastic "hinge" next to where the belt is laying? When the other seat is folded down, there's another "hinge" there.
ETA: The MR, Britax convertibles, and infant seat bases fit perfectly between these "hinges". The MR fits very well FF in this car, should anyone wish to know and so far everything I've tried save the FR85 and CA (only tried RF, not enough horizontal space for long-legged front passenger folks like my parents for it to make a good seat selection in this car) works really well. I like how "flat" the vehicle seats are, making an infant recline very easy to achieve.

Pixels

My brother drives an 08 Fit. I'm pretty familiar with installing in it, though usually RFing. I've done a few FFing installs just for fun. The 08 is a generation older than the 10, and they did make some modifications to the back seat.

Have you tried installing on the driver's side? The hinges are on the outsides of the outboard seats, and between the center and passenger's seats. No hinges between the driver's and center. That might let you move the whole seat over just a bit, so it's not sliding around on the hinges. Also, take the female buckle out of that elastic loop. It's just there to keep the buckle from dropping down when the seat is folded up. I've found that it can interfere with pulling the buckle the way you need to in order to get a tight carseat install. The elastic isn't long enough to let you pull the seatbelt webbing tight.

Kat_Momof3

I'd give the MA to the kiddo with the expiring wizard when it expires... and then keep it for him until you decide to get him something else or the coccoro is outgrown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC