Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Adding extra tether hook to GMC Yukon XL?

Has anyone ever tried to get another tether hook added in their GMC vehicle? I was thinking of calling the dealership and seeing what I could find out, cost etc. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this? When we have baby #3 I would really like the 2 boys to be in the 3rd row, putting baby in the middle seat, middle row. The boys would be in the passenger and drivers side, leaving room for a VERY skinny person in between lol. But they would be just far enough to not hit eachother, but still be able to see their movies ok, when we go on road trips, which we do often. Currently there is only 1 tether hook, and it is on toward the drivers side of the middle, my 5yos Regent is hooked to it.
    Lori (I drive Cadillac Escalade ESV) SAHM to Brooks 9/13/01 seatbelt only, Brady 7/4/03 seatbelt only, Kinsadie 2/23/08 Pink Britax Frontier, and Brakin David 6/7/10 FF in a cowmooflage Britax Frontier Clicktight

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Adding extra tether hook to GMC Yukon XL?

Most vehicles made in the last few years do not have optional tether anchor points. Many models from 2002 and earlier do have optional tether anchor points. Of course, there are exceptions for both cases. Unfortunately, for GM vehicles, you will need to consult your dealer for part numbers and availability.

I have some notes in my manual about 2001-2003 Yukon XL models. There is no indication of optional anchor points. So, unless yours is model year 2000 or older, I would guess that you would have to do a different arrangement if you need a top tether anchor. You may also be able to install a custom tether anchor for the third row seat on your own. For example, Ez-On products (www.ezonpro.com) sells a heavy duty tether mount kit you may be able to install on your own with some drilling involved. The part is #100H http://www.ezonpro.com/products/accessories.shtml .