going nuts trying to decide what seat to use home from the hospital! arrg

lovemybabies924

i listed my combi travel system on craigslist (no takers) so i started thinking about how maybe it would be easier to use the carseat for the 1st 3-4m instead of the TFP since i have 3 other kids to wrangle as well... so now im GOING NUTS!!! i cant pick!!!! tell me this is normal car seat crazy-ness haha:whistle:

ADS

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Your baby is due in January? KEEP THE BUCKET! I think you'll regret it if you don't. Cold, wet or windy weather will have you wishing you had it. And even if you're not dealing with that, there is something to be said for the convenience of buckling baby into the warm seat while you're still in the house getting ready and then just snapping it into the base before you get your older kids buckled.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Your baby is due in January? KEEP THE BUCKET! I think you'll regret it if you don't. Cold, wet or windy weather will have you wishing you had it. And even if you're not dealing with that, there is something to be said for the convenience of buckling baby into the warm seat while you're still in the house getting ready and then just snapping it into the base before you get your older kids buckled.

:yeahthat: at least til spring or warmer weather!

geekKT

I think I'd probably use the bucket, even though I used our TFP from birth. It's not like you couldn't change your mind after the first week and switch, right? I really didn't mind not having an infant seat, but if my next one is born in January I may very well rethink that.

ETA: Actually, I forgot...I cheated. I have an expired SR22 that I kept in the trunk and used a few specific times, and I think those times alone would make it worth it to use one if I was also bringing 3 other kids along.

Kobain's Mommy

Keep the bucket!!! In August we got our MR. I used it till November when it started getting cold. Once it got cold I was so glad I still had my bucket. I have a shower cap cover on it. I just put a hat on him, buckle him in, put a blanket on him, and zip the cover. That's so much nicer than having to fight him into the seat while it's cold out.

pepsicola

Did you just buy the TFP from diapers.com? I think I would be anxious to try it out, but.... I don't live that far north! I think you should keep the Combi. You can always sell it later if you change your mind.

lovemybabies924

Did you just buy the TFP from diapers.com? I think I would be anxious to try it out, but.... I don't live that far north! I think you should keep the Combi. You can always sell it later if you change your mind.

ya i got it for 160 and just paid it off to my mom... and your s/n is making me have a craving :rolleyes:

Ya i guess i should use the bucket at least until spring, we dont have an attached garage so i would have to carry baby a ways outside to the garage and then buckle her and DS in....

thanks ladies! :thumbsup:

kate4478

I agree with everyone else, keep the bucket for the first few months. If you don't care for it you could always switch to the TFP!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC