Creaky, squeaky car seat?

selinajean

Has anyone else noticed a lot of creaking noises from a car seat during install? I have never heard this before and when I installed our new My Ride it was just making a huge racket; like the plastic was groaning as I tightened the UAS belt. It was the oddest thing. I notice that the seat feels a lot lighter in shell weight compared to the TF that we just moved from, maybe similar to the AO that we used before. I never had that sound with the AO though... anyone else notice this?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've had it with a few different seats. My EFTA comes to mind first off, but I think even my TF might have done it a time or two.

I think it's somewhat weather/humidity related, and somewhat pressure on the EPS or EPP foam related. I know in the case of the triumph there's a small amount of space at the edge of the foam and there's lots of it, so I think that's why it squeaks.

I never really thought much of it to tell you the truth. :shrug-shoulders:

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
I've really only had this happen when it's very cold out, which I'm assuming it is where you are! (I'm in Minnesota, and we're having a heat wave - we hit 30 degrees today!)

I get the occasional EPS foam squeak in all weather, but the real squeaky/groany activity comes in the bitter cold. By the time I get it tightened down, my hands are so frozen that I'm not sure if it's me or the car seat making all those complaints! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC