Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Peg Perego manual update

I had a chance to see a new manual last week that addresses the change in handle position for when the seat is installed in the vehicle.

I took a pic and uploaded it so we can all see the exact wording. There is no change to the sticker on the handle, or the stickers on the side of the seat, so this is the only place I saw the forward position addressed.

And baseless install:

Hope that helps. I'd found the consumer info notice slightly unclear since the first locked position is closer to center than the drawing, and the next locked position is quite a bit forward of the one shown in the drawing. Their wording of adjusting it so it's against the seat back makes sense.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Peg Perego manual update

Is this an optional position or is it required now?
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Is this an optional position or is it required now?
    Both the original and the front position (towards vehicle seatback) are allowed. If the front seat is close to the infant seat then the handle has to be put against the seat back. (ie towards baby's toes instead of above the head by the front seat.)

These instructions on handle position are retroactive for all peg SIP seats as per the consumer info notice.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

5. Thank You from:

I've had this manual sitting on my kitchen island since about a week after the information bulletin came out. Sorry! I didn't realize you were interested in seeing it. Doi!