If only Britax would come out with cool boy covers...

ADS

MySillyKids

my 3 year old would LOVE THAT!!! of course he willl never get it. GRACO makes a turbo booster, (backless) thats in the CARS theme. Ugh.

InTheWoods

I wish they did, too. My 2yo DD would love that Cars cover!

I'd love to get 5.5yo DS a dinosaur-themed cover for his Wizard.

Kristin

Chameleon

Very cute. Did you see some of her other ones? She had some silk ones on infant carriers. A baby would slip right out of there in a crash!

Yoshi

Those are so cute! How talented she is! I can't even sew a button on properly,LOL:p

Maybe Britax should hire people like her to design some covers and licence characters from Disney, Nick Jr.,etc. ? Instead of more ugly grays and tans (sorry, I know lots of folks like to match their car interior- just not me!)

Splash

Wow. I'd use that. Of course, I'm not on the "covers are unsafe" band wagon. I'm happy with the covers I have, mind you, but if I needed a new cover and didn't want anything Britax had, I'd seriously consider one from her. Those are the best custom made covers I've ever seen.
Ya know... maybe I should contact her. Britax steadfastly refuses to make a cotton cover for the Boulevard, and he really does need a cotton cover... I wonder if she could make one?

Mom2nj

I saw that cars one the other day. My DS would flip out, "Speed" and "ully" can't say Sally yet, go with us everywhere we go. So Cute.

Last edited:

mominabigtruck

I agree with splash. Not to say that some covers aren't unsafe, but to say that all are unless they come from the manufactuer is a stretch in my opinion. I don't see the problem as long as it fits properly and all the wholes lines up correctly and it isn't overly puffy.

TheRealMacGyver

I have to side with Splash and Mominabigtruck here, the cover isn't the safety device, the seat and harnesses are. I think out of all the things you could do to alter a seat, this would have to be least important for safety. I think this person has come up with a great idea making these covers. If you think about it, you could just buy one of those yucky used covers from ebay, dissect it, get some material of your choice, and use the old yucky one as a pattern (okay, so yes I sew too!).

skaterbabs

There are more requirements than that for covers, including flammability issues. While you probably aren't going to be lighting fires in your vehicle intentially, fires do happen from oddball starts and having a flame-retardant seat is important.

mominabigtruck

Don't they sell fire retardent fabric at the fabric store? I don't know I'm about as uncrafty as you could get but I would think so because I know people that sew their kids pajamas.

Stresch

Most of the custom covers I see say they will fit a marathon or a roundabout and may fit some evenflo seats. Which clearly means the harness won't line up well, and that really could affect performance.

Splash

Yes, the slots need to line up reasonably well. They don't need to be perfect (because even the ones from the manufacturer aren't perfect), but they need to be close. I would not use a "multi seat" cover, but if someone made one specifically for a Marathon, I wouldn't really sweat it.
I love Sanna's new seat! And I can't believe how HUGE she's gotten! I haven't looked at pictures of her in quite some time. I know she's still a teeny little thing, but not as teeny as I expected, and she looks so much like a kid instead of a baby. Charlie still looks like a baby, though he's looking like a kid at times. He's still got too much baby pudge to be a kid, though.

Stresch

I swear, one morning I woke up, and my baby was gone, and there was this KID in her place. She is really small in terms of size, but she looks and acts so grown up.

I'm not really convinced either way about good aftermarket covers, but, then again, we currently have one seat and FOUR covers, so I don't need one at all.

I wonder what Britax would name their "boy" covers? Maybe we should pitch ideas and name them.

Like green with dinosaurs would be "Max"
Blue with trucks would be "Dan"
etc. since all the "girl" covers seem to be named for girls (Eric, Tiffany, Olivia, Shannon, etc)

Amaris

The thing that would make me wary about a cover that wasn't britax is that they say that using one voids the warranty. Ok, I don't have any warranty left on my marathon, but if it were in an accident and for some reason didn't work properly they would say it didn't matter because I didn't have a britax approved cover on the seat! Now, I would hope that my properly installed, properly used britax seats would work properly in a crash but I'm not willing to take the chance that something happens that shouldn't and britax blames it on the cover that was on the seat!

MySillyKids

I like how she says this on her auction:

Please note:

These are home made carseat covers made from a pattern bought at the store and created by me. You may use them for any purpose you wish:) They do fit the carseat's mentioned in this auction perfectly! May also fit highchairs and other things where you may want some extra cushioning for your little one although i never tried! These covers are not tested nor manufactered by britax.They are not tested for safety as I am not a safety technician nor claim to be one! If you feel it would be unsafe for you to use this on your carseat or for any other use please do not bid. Thank you for viewing my acutions:)

Splash

The thing that would make me wary about a cover that wasn't britax is that they say that using one voids the warranty. Ok, I don't have any warranty left on my marathon, but if it were in an accident and for some reason didn't work properly they would say it didn't matter because I didn't have a britax approved cover on the seat! Now, I would hope that my properly installed, properly used britax seats would work properly in a crash but I'm not willing to take the chance that something happens that shouldn't and britax blames it on the cover that was on the seat!

A lot of people spout this out, but it plain and simple is not true. Britax is not absolved of responsibility for a malfunction in the basic structure of a seat because there is an after market cover. And anyone who thinks they will be has apparently never met a personal injury attorney. No one is ever absoloved of any responsibility. I could run my seat over and light it on fire and STILL win a lawsuit against Britax if my kid was killed in a crash.

arly1983

Ok, I have a confession to make....

I have used custom made covers. The lady that makes mine is Nalene Dunkley (babiedunk). I met her through ebay though she doesn't sale through ebay anymore just through word of mouth which keeps her very busy. Her covers, honest to God, fit just as good or better than the manufacturers. She said she used the actual covers as patterns (how she gets them, I never asked).

This is Jacksons summer Roundabout cover (can you believe how big/tall he was at 7 months :eek: )
Picture040.jpg

This was the cover that was on Camilles Snugride that I backed over (sniff, it was so georgeous)

Picture082-1.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Now you know my dirty little secret...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC