Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

What seat is this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTSJ6XdOotk"]YouTube - Did you know ...? children's car seats / health risk - obesity[/ame]

This drives me INSAINE!!!!!

It's the Carseats Expire commercial the Government has running right now. It appears to be a Peg seat...but where are the head wings??? We don't have a Peg seat without headwings do we? So unless I'm wrong....why would the government use a seat in their commercial that we don't even have? Or is it supposed to be a partially assembled seat or something???

Maybe I just think way to much into this...but everytime I see the commercial it makes my batty!!!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: What seat is this?

*I'm not from Canada*

Maybe they picked a generic looking car seat on purpose so people across the board would relate to it? And to me the seat looks like it could be either a bucket or a convertible. Maybe they did that on purpose.
    Anna- Mommy to
    Hayden 3.5, 34 lbs, ERF in a XTSL
    Tristan 21mo, 25 lbs, RF in a pink! BLVD

CPS Technician

Hehe...there has already been some discussion on this on another thread. I think the consensus was that its an old Peg seat, likely one thats close if not alreay expired. Makes sense on one hand if you're talking about expired seats, but to have an entire manufacturing line in the commercial...ya, I dunno
    Melissa ~ former CPSAC CRST & Mommy to:
    C (26/02/07, 58lbs) FF in Oobr & 2 HB TB & I (10/05/10, 30lbs & 35.5") FF in a RXT, FRXT & Nauti. Crashed & Retired G1 BV, TB, AOE & Roundabout 55. Mommy's got a '10 Dodge Ram 1500 & Daddy's got a '14 VW Passat.

Carseat Crazy

There is a well-made, often played ad on TV telling people car seats expire. Yay! An ad made by a government department that isn't even responsible for car seats and that until recently didn't consider car seats/TC as a part of their efforts to enhance communication to the public on consumer awareness of safety issues. Double Yay! They don't say anything that is incorrect or goes against best practice in the ad. Triple Yay! I don't care what kind of seat it is.

I do, however, find it amusing that it is a Peg - the seat with the shortest life span out there.
    ~Tracey~
    Little Boy 1 - Graco Turbo Booster & Diono Monteray - 6 yrs, 50lbs, 48"
    Little Boy 2 - FF Radian XT - 4 yrs, 42 lbs, 45"

6. Thank You from:

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Probably generic so they didn't have to pay anyone for the rights to advertise their product...?
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Older Pegs did not have headwings.
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyd View Post

I do, however, find it amusing that it is a Peg - the seat with the shortest life span out there.
    They do have it expiring in 2015 - so 5 years from December 2010.

It reminds me of the 20# peg, no wings, I had for ds1. They stopped making them like that in 2006, right after he was born, totally irritated me! LOL

The only ones left of those seats would be green, blue & pink. The only colours made in 2006. I thought the *older* colours were more plane grey/navy that's what friends had w/ 2005 seats.

BUT, if you look at the area around the crotch strap/release, it does not look like the 2006 Peg seat, it looks like an even older one. Scroll down half way down the page.

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

There's this peg seat too: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ductId=3868052

I've never seen the Si in person, looks like that pillow insert thing is just comfort foam. The shell sure looks like a peg, though the base I can't get a close enough look at...
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

Jackpot, Trudy never occured to me they may have removed something from the seat. It'd make more sense that it's a new one since they have to have several of them to make the commercial & they all match & they are stamping them w/ 2015.

I think it's THIS in Pepper w/ the SIP removed? Colour is right w/ black on the side & even that funny button harness release. And, there is grey on the sides from what could be a seatbelt holster.

tam

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyd View Post
    There is a well-made, often played ad on TV telling people car seats expire. Yay! An ad made by a government department that isn't even responsible for car seats and that until recently didn't consider car seats/TC as a part of their efforts to enhance communication to the public on consumer awareness of safety issues. Double Yay! They don't say anything that is incorrect or goes against best practice in the ad. Triple Yay! I don't care what kind of seat it is.

You are right....I should count my blessings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird25ca View Post

I've totally never seen this seat before....didn't know Peg had another one out there. Thanks for posting this! I wonder if when the Mammas and Pappas line arrives at BRU, if we'll get even more options??? Albeit likely overpriced and not that user friendly....but options none the less!

Quote Originally Posted by tam_shops View Post
    I think it's THIS in Pepper w/ the SIP removed? Colour is right w/ black on the side & even that funny button harness release. And, there is grey on the sides from what could be a seatbelt holster.

tam
    Agreed....totally looks like the pepper one minus the SIP. And I think the other posters are right....they likely stripped it down to look more generic. And they did a good job of it. Okay....I can chill about the whole thing now!

LOL I had fun, had been wondering & read other threads but couldn't figure it out...Wonder what they did w/ all those seats when they were done w/ the commercial & why they didn't use a cheaper Graco one! LOL

tam

CPST Instructor

It is a Peg. Certain colours were needed to make them stand out for the commercial, so Graco couldn't be used (although suggested). TC did "approve" the commercial before it went to air.
    Barbara, Canadian Safety Advocate, Britax, Certified CRST Instructor-Trainer CPSAC