What seat is this?

Chila88

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTSJ6XdOotk"]YouTube - Did you know ...? children's car seats / health risk - obesity[/ame]

This drives me INSAINE!!!!! :p

It's the Carseats Expire commercial the Government has running right now. It appears to be a Peg seat...but where are the head wings??? We don't have a Peg seat without headwings do we? So unless I'm wrong....why would the government use a seat in their commercial that we don't even have? Or is it supposed to be a partially assembled seat or something???

Maybe I just think way to much into this...but everytime I see the commercial it makes my batty!!!! :)

ADS

AnnaC

*I'm not from Canada*

Maybe they picked a generic looking car seat on purpose so people across the board would relate to it? And to me the seat looks like it could be either a bucket or a convertible. Maybe they did that on purpose. :twocents:

mam521

Hehe...there has already been some discussion on this on another thread. I think the consensus was that its an old Peg seat, likely one thats close if not alreay expired. Makes sense on one hand if you're talking about expired seats, but to have an entire manufacturing line in the commercial...ya, I dunno :)

sparkyd

There is a well-made, often played ad on TV telling people car seats expire. Yay! An ad made by a government department that isn't even responsible for car seats and that until recently didn't consider car seats/TC as a part of their efforts to enhance communication to the public on consumer awareness of safety issues. Double Yay! They don't say anything that is incorrect or goes against best practice in the ad. Triple Yay! I don't care what kind of seat it is. :thumbsup:

I do, however, find it amusing that it is a Peg - the seat with the shortest life span out there.

tam_shops

It reminds me of the 20# peg, no wings, I had for ds1. They stopped making them like that in 2006, right after he was born, totally irritated me! LOL

The only ones left of those seats would be green, blue & pink. The only colours made in 2006. I thought the *older* colours were more plane grey/navy that's what friends had w/ 2005 seats.

BUT, if you look at the area around the crotch strap/release, it does not look like the 2006 Peg seat, it looks like an even older one. Scroll down half way down the page.

tam_shops

Jackpot, Trudy never occured to me they may have removed something from the seat. It'd make more sense that it's a new one since they have to have several of them to make the commercial & they all match & they are stamping them w/ 2015.

I think it's THIS in Pepper w/ the SIP removed? Colour is right w/ black on the side & even that funny button harness release. And, there is grey on the sides from what could be a seatbelt holster.

tam

Chila88

There is a well-made, often played ad on TV telling people car seats expire. Yay! An ad made by a government department that isn't even responsible for car seats and that until recently didn't consider car seats/TC as a part of their efforts to enhance communication to the public on consumer awareness of safety issues. Double Yay! They don't say anything that is incorrect or goes against best practice in the ad. Triple Yay! I don't care what kind of seat it is. :thumbsup:

You are right....I should count my blessings!!!

I've totally never seen this seat before....didn't know Peg had another one out there. Thanks for posting this! I wonder if when the Mammas and Pappas line arrives at BRU, if we'll get even more options??? Albeit likely overpriced and not that user friendly....but options none the less! :p

I think it's THIS in Pepper w/ the SIP removed? Colour is right w/ black on the side & even that funny button harness release. And, there is grey on the sides from what could be a seatbelt holster.

tam

Agreed....totally looks like the pepper one minus the SIP. And I think the other posters are right....they likely stripped it down to look more generic. And they did a good job of it. Okay....I can chill about the whole thing now! :)

tam_shops

LOL I had fun, had been wondering & read other threads but couldn't figure it out...Wonder what they did w/ all those seats when they were done w/ the commercial & why they didn't use a cheaper Graco one! LOL

tam

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
It is a Peg. Certain colours were needed to make them stand out for the commercial, so Graco couldn't be used (although suggested). TC did "approve" the commercial before it went to air.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC