Traveling with Radian XTSL in Airplane

Trooperski

Hello-
My little girl is almost 2 years old, about 22 lbs and going to have her car seat while traveling by air. We are sitting in first class (thank you airline points!!!). Is there any car seat advice anyone can give me? I think we will install is forward facing even though we normally install rear facing in the car. Is it a fairly easy install on a first class seat? Is there anywhere to attach the rf base on the car seat while carrying it? Cause we will be rf her while at our destination.

ADS

rodentranger

I flew Southwest with an XTSL. It installed easily ff. I used the carry straps and and it was super easy. It fits down the aisle.
There's a picture on my blog of how I stored the rf boot when ODS wasn't sitting in it. When he was sitting in the seat, I made him hold the boot.:p

firemomof3

When we went to FL last May we took both our Radians and dh and I each wore one through the airport. They installed super easy ff on the airplane and neither of us minded wearing them :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We flew once with the Radian FF and hated it since the buckle was right in the middle of DD's back. Other people didn't have a problem, though.

leighi123

Dont misplace your boot! I left one under the seat of the plane once...

I've intalled it on the plane a bunch of times with no issues at all. It will probably fit rearfacing in first class, which I would do b/c it might be more comfortable (it fits rearfacing in economy plus)

Eclipsepearl

Don't carry it on your back. This is a heavy seat! Get a small, metal, foldable luggage cart (don't wast money on those overpriced Gogo thingies) and use an extra bungee cord to secure it in place. Check your stroller as luggage and your 2 year old can use that when she's too tired to walk. Or throw your carry-on's in the seat so you only have the cart to pull.

You can then keep the boot attached, so you don't have to fuss with it. You can fit it with the seat with boot attached on the cart.

Yes, you can rf on the plane. This could be easier for both of you if that's what she's used to. You two would be face-to-face and it means less dropped toys on the floor. You wont have to worry about the boot this way either.

You can wheel the Radian down the aisle of the plane. Very convenient! Be sure to stow the cart on the floor or in a closet (not in an overhead, they come flying out and can hurt someone).

Be aware that in First, the passengers can get very annoyed, very quickly with children. Some have booked up there specifically to avoid families. If she cries or fusses and the seat belt sign is off, go ahead and get up and walk the aisles with her. Walk her back in economy where her crying is less likely to bother others. Actually, I find it's a good way to stop the crying anyway!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC