What to purchase? Toddler booster seat or convertible

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
If opinion is what you want, then my opinion is that you need to buy 3 new convertibles and use them RF. I might flip the Advocate around RF and use it for the baby (if you're not already) since Britax seats don't have much leg room RF compared to other seats. But, that would depend on what other seats I was purchasing (for example, if I purchased a TF that went to 35# RF I'd use those for the baby and the 40# RF limit for the 2 year old).

Do you have the height (torso height would be great) of your 2 year old? and what vehicles do you drive? These factor may change recommendations from members here.

ADS
U

Unregistered

Hi all

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Again thanks for all the input!

My wife and I did test drive many car seats before we decided on the Advocate the first time around...the last week we have been busy with Christmas and car seats...test drove car seats again with our kids...

Here's what we decided to do

My wife is on maternity leave so we decided to purchase only one seat now and wait until May to purchase two more..

we purchased another Britax Advocate!

Sorry, but we believe it's the best out there...never mind the stats and facts...looking at the make up of the seat side by side with others we love the advocate...our kids in the advocate look comfortable...and putting it in the car took about 15 minutes..with the seat belt installation...Side by side there is no other in our opinion...plus we got a great price...last year's model...but $299 in Toronto...can't beat that

But i agree...ultimately the best seat for your child is a personal choice sometimes and a financial one other times...many good seats out...a lot of choices...

We also decided to RF both kids until May and make a decision about a toddler booster like the Frontier...it sounds like many people like the Frontier on this web site and others

I know everybody will be happy to hear we are RF both...

thanks again for the input on this site

cheers
john

bubbaray

I realize that OP has made their purchase decision, so my comments are not in reply to the OP, but to anyone who may read this thread in the future.

RFg is safest. Period. Once your child is beyond the legal minimums for RFg in your jurisdiction, it *is* a parental decision whether to RF or FF, but technically looking at the science/physics, RFg is safest for vehicle occupants of any age.

In terms of which *seats* are safest, there is no one brand or particular seat that any technician can tell you is safEST.

The safEST seat to purchase is one that is appropriate for your childs age/weight and development, fits your child and installs well in your vehicle such that the seat is used according to the manual every.single.trip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC