Looks like dd almost needs another seat

hunypooh77

I checked today and it seems she is about 1 inch form the top slot in her MA. She will be 4 in March, so it seems she may be getting a new seat. She has a Frontier 85 in dh's truck but it doesnt fit my Explorer very well and I need a seat that will fit in the center of a 3 across. What harnessed seats will be give her a good long fit and not be too wide?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
An inch is probably about a year at this point. I'd hold off, unless you want to buy her something now.

Piper was about 3/4"-1" at 4.5 years away from her Wizard's maximum height. I moved her at six to a Nautilus because we were both ready and she was getting uncomfortable. She still fit in the Wizard with just under 1/2" to go.

Wendy

hunypooh77

An inch is probably about a year at this point. I'd hold off, unless you want to buy her something now.

Wendy

I checked her because it looked like the slots were below her shoulders but they actually werent. It may be less than an inch, it was hard to tell.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
What year is your Explorer?

I have fit a Nautilus in the center of my dad's old Explorer (2004?) and it fit fabulously with a Radian on one side and a Boulevard on the other. There was PLENTY of room for those three seats.

hunypooh77

What year is your Explorer?

I have fit a Nautilus in the center of my dad's old Explorer (2004?) and it fit fabulously with a Radian on one side and a Boulevard on the other. There was PLENTY of room for those three seats.

Mine is a 2003, so the back seat should be the same. I need to fit an infant bucket on one side and a hbb on the other side without having trouble buckling.

Kat_Momof3

well, since you have a baby who can inherit it down the line... I'd say probably a Radian... that's the narrowest seat I can think of for doing a 3-across.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC