Getting grief over buying more seats...

Baylor

I am just not sure the GN fits Ds1 right.. I was mentioning that I wanted to get another booster if it fits him better and I got eye rolls and " are you kidding me?" from some family members...
Not DH who really leaves it to me and is good with what I pick out when it comes to our kids and safety.. But it seems everyone else...

:(

ADS

mrswh

If your DH is on board, why mention it to anyone else? The best way to avoid hearing the opinions of others is to just do whatever you think is best for your kids and keep it to yourself. :twocents:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If your DH is on board, why mention it to anyone else? The best way to avoid hearing the opinions of others is to just do whatever you think is best for your kids and keep it to yourself. :twocents:

I agree. When you open up a topic for discussion, you will get discussion, and it may not be exactly what you want.

When I need to buy things for my household, whether that's a booster seat or a box of tampons or a vacuum cleaner, I don't open it up for discussion with anyone who isn't directly affected.

hrice

Yeah. I agree with pp. People on "the outside" just don't get car seat fanatics like us. Most people just buy whatever is cheapest and pay no attention to fit.

4boysmom

Yep this is a don't ask don't tell situation. It is none of your family's buisines what you do with your $- be it car seats, gadgets or shoes or if you just donated 10k to the local Chapter of Nose Pickers anonymous (unless they are paying your bills and you are turning around and buying these boosters because one might be .000000000000000001% safer). They don't need to know you are thinking of buying a new booster any more than you contemplating buying a new bra, going on/off birth control or any other joint endevour between you and your dh.

Emi's Mommy

I agree with the don't ask, don't tell philosephy. We don't share most of how we parent Emi with anyone other than my parents because most of our friends think we're weird. BFing, plans to ERF, don't plan to do purees, co-sleeping....we're wacko's. :) And car seats are pretty pricy in Canada, so me spending money on one "when there are perfectly good seatbelts in the car" Don't want nor need that kind of grief.

dawnp15

I'm lucky that my family is pretty understanding, but i say the same thing as the others. Just keep it your bussiness or if they ask just be polite and tell them your family,money, your descion. I know it can be hard to hear others opinions, but try to just brush it off!

Kat_Momof3

hey, I got a dedicated booster over using the nauti as a booster for dd (wouldn't have for her brother... he used it as a booster once, because he wanted to and it was a short trip... his Monterey he had at the time was in the house with the cover in the wash, and he wanted to be in a highback... so I put the Radian we still had for her as a spare in her dad's car into my van and let him... he had no issues sleeping in it or anything) simply because she didn't sleep without her head flopping in it... which was fine when she was harnessed, as she wasn't uncomfortable, but would be bad in a booster.

No flack from anyone over it... but then my husband didn't say anything when I let our son ride in his sister's Nauti, or down the line, when the same washing of his seat caused him to want to ride in his sister's vivo (she wasn't going with us and he wanted to be able to lean his head to the side and be comfy)... he might have (since the seats were/are pink) if we didn't have a daughter... but then, I doubt we would have had them if we didn't have one...

I don't get what is so complicated about putting a child in the seat that works best, either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC