Parkway Vs. Monterey

Parkway vs. Monterey

• Monterey all the way!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Are you high, the Parkway has the SG!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Other (Leave a comment stating which one)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heather98012

Assuming both had a good fit, which would you pick & why? It can be any reason: ease of use, fabric choices, whatever floats your boat. Any feedback would be appreciated!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

Monterey... it can widen... and the cupholders on it rock... and I love the depth for legs... so if a kid fits it well, it's my fav booster.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I love the monterey except for the wings always widened on their own. SK sent me a second back and it did the same thing. I was not comfortable with that, so it went bye bye. Right now I have a parkway. I wish the arms were longer, but other than that it's a good seat. DD1 says she's comfortable in it.

Last edited:

luckyclov

I have both. I like both, but I guess I'd go with the Monterey. The sidewings widen, the cupholders are serious, and it provides a little better leg support for the bigger kids. I like the LATCH feature as well - although now the PWSGL has the same feature.

mamabear

:twocents:I like the PW better. We have an "old style" moo PW and I'm considering getting a new SG. The Monterey is just too big/top heavy looking for my taste...oh! then there is the SG.....

Heather98012

Regarding the leg support: My dd is allllll legs, so do you think the Monterey would be a better option?

I've tried the Monterey & the fit was great. We need to try the Parkway tomorrow & see how that is.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kat_Momof3

for leg support, you really can't beat the Monterey.

Also, people have been complaining about, as kids get bigger, the Parkway's base being too narrow... so again, if the shoulderbelt is fitting nicely in the center on the Monterey, I'd go with it.

The Parkway seems to have the same issues early on with shoulderbelt fit on smaller/slimmer kids that the Monterey does, but without the wider seating pan and additional body support.

The Monterey may LOOK top heavy, but IRL, it isn't... it doesn't remotely feel that way. (can you tell that I hate the fact that Ruthie couldn't inherit her brother's because of her narrow build?? It's not perfect, but it is still one of my favorite boosters)

KiwiGem

I chose the Monterey for my Mr 8 who is following the same growth pattern so far as DH who is 6'3"... loooooong legs!

We have the Australian equivalent of the Parkway down here, the Safe n Sound Hi-liner with only a 58lb weight limit :thumbsdown: but it has a top tether... I was tempted but the weight limit & lack of seat depth for his legs convinced me the Monterey was what we need.

Oh & the cupholders are a bonus here too, if you ask Mr 8, that's his favourite part on the whole seat ;)

CarSeatPoncho

Hmmm. I'm torn.

We have a Monty and it fits my DS well, but I get a little nervous when I see him slouching. If the PSG had LATCH when I needed to buy a booster, I would probably definitely have gone that way (but of course, if the fit on the PSGL stunk beyond stinking I would have gone with the Monty).

If the fit were the same, I'd have gotten the Parkway.

(NOTE: I try not to kick this dilemma around too often. The PSGL came out about 5 months after I got the Monty :rolleyes:)

christineka

I've tried both in my vehicle with my kids. My bigger kids actually fit the monterey properly. They don't in the parkway sg, so I pick the monterey.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Monterey. Though my experience in comparing the 2 with my dd and our cars is that there is no comparison between belt fit with the Monterey vs the parkway SG.

I also have never found the Monterey top heavy.

I really wanted to like the parkway, but once you've seen a perfect belt fit it's hard to settle for "just acceptable." and the parkway was just acceptable, not even what I'd consider good.

babyherder

If the parkway provided a good belt fit without the sg clip then I would use it cause I love the red and the cow covers. However, if the fit was ok only with the sg clip I would get the Monterey. I might use the sg clip even if the fit was good without it but I want the lapbelt fit to be good without the sg clip. Just my feelings. No actual evidence for that decision.

Heather98012

Update: Just ordered the Monterey in pink for dd. The Parkway was TERRIBLE. Not sure if it was the seat or the placement of the seatbelt in my mom's car ('04 Santa Fe). The lap belt with the SG clip was terrible. I couldn't figure out how to get it to tighten across the lap. I just was not impressed.

I liked the Monterey better, the fit was stellar, & I think it will be easier for my parents to use. If dd likes it more than the Frontier in our cars, I might take the Monterey for my car & give the Frontier to my parents. We'll see.

Anyway, thanks for the help. It was very much appreciated! :thumbsup:

bubbaray

I have both and DD#1 (suuuuuper skinny) has been in the Monterey since she was 5 and 40lbs (thanks Quassee for the loaner seat!). Got the PW this past summer.

DD#1 says that the Monterey is the most comfy seat she's ever had (and, um, she's had a few! :whistle: ).

So, I would have voted Monterey, but the poll is closed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC