Question Which do you think is safest (your personal opinion)

Lemonade

With what you know about these seats, which do you think is actually safest for a FF rider (around 30#, 38" let's say)? I know they all pass the same tests. I get that. This is an opinion.

FR80
BLVD 70
RNXTSL

The radian and the FR sit lower on the seat (maybe less rotation?) but the BV has the energy absorbing honeycomb rubber in it. And the radian has the safe-stop thingy that may help with head excursion.

ADS

firemomof3

If I had to ff then I would choose the Radian with the safestop. It will lesson the neck load by increasing the head excursion :thumbsup:

urchin_grey

I'd probably go with the Radian too. I couldn't say its SAFER, but its really the only convertible I like FF and the Frontier just seems so huge. I don't own a BLVD, but I do know in our bigger convertible (the TF), DS's feet and shins are right against the back of my seat. Not only because is it closer, but the angle of the seat makes his legs stick out more instead of hanging straight down. I don't know if having his shins against the vehicle seat is particularly unsafe, but it doesn't look very comfy either way. In the Radian, he's much farther back and his legs hang straight down. My nephew rode FF in the TF today and he's about 38" and his legs stuck WAY out. But I just pushed the empty seat in front of him all the way up.

This was just to look at Christmas lights though... They are both total back seat drivers and are getting flipped back ASAP. LOL

crunchierthanthou

If I had to ff then I would choose the Radian with the safestop. It will lesson the neck load by increasing the head excursion :thumbsup:

Well, the Britax seats have the Versa tether. It has seams that break to not only increase ride down, but absorb energy.

Pick the one you like. I'd call them close enough to even that it doesn't matter. There's no clear winner. For longevity's sake, maybe the FR85? Plus, it's the only one with cupholders. ;)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I wouldn't go with the Boulevard just because it sits up so high.

It's pretty much a toss-up between the Radian and Frontier.

If there were a chance of using rear-facing for that kid (or another kid), I'd probably go with the Radian.

If not, the Frontier because I usually don't like the buying convertible seats just to use them forward-facing.

The Radian would be better if you plan on traveling with it, though.

rodentranger

Is the seat for your 2.5 yo or your 5 yo?
For the older child, I'd get the Frontier.
For the 2.5 yo, I'd go with whichever seat installs well and you know you can use correctly in a rearfacing position.

Spam

If I were buying a new seat, I'd go with FR for longevity. If I already owned all three, I'd try them out and see which I one I liked the best. The BLVD70 has versa tether and safecell, the radian has the safe-stop, the fr has versa tether. For a smaller child I'd probably go with the blvd70, then fr, radian would be *my* last pick, just because I'm not a huge radian lover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC