Radian XT or Britax Advantage?

gina8177

Radian XT or Britax Advocate?

I had decided I was going to get a Raidan XTSL and then I discovered that you can only get the Radian XT in Canada. :(

From what I can tell the XT has a height limit of 44" (from the manual) in RF and I don't think the XTSL has this limit... So the Britax has a higher RFing height limit but I know that it is not as roomy...

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on choosing between the older Radian XT which is available in Canada or the Britax Advocate. ERF is very important to me. :)

Thanks!

EDIT - my little guy is pretty tall for his age (I think) and is approaching 30" at 5 months.

EDIT again - meant to say Advocate :)

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Do you mean Britax Advocate? The Advantage was tiny, and they're all long expired (Piper had two when she was born, and they were discontinued in 2003).

I'd do the Radian and happily disregard the stated height limit rear facing.

Wendy

gina8177

Re: Radian XT or Britax Advocate?

Thanks!

I did mean Advocate, sorry my brain isn't working well tonight as I'm sick! :)

Another quick question, I was planning on buying while we were home for Xmas to save tax but only have our truck here. We have a 2005 buick allure/lacrosse. I feel like it should fit as it's very spacious in the back. Do you think that it should be ok in a mid size or should I wait?

chay

Radian for sure. The Radian XT in Canada has the SuperLatch (what SL in the XTSL) stands for. Not sure why they market it with a different name up here.

My DS is 4.5, 42" tall and is RF in a Radian XT and has a few inches above his head for growth. His torso is too tall to RF in an older style Marathon and has been for a while and his legs would be very folded if he was (which isn't a safety issue but it can be a bit more challenging getting them in). From what I've read he would be too tall in all of the new Britax convertible seats as well.

gina8177

Thanks! We purchased and installed our seat, it's fantastic! I am going to post a another question.

Just wanted to add that I phoned Sunshine Kids and the US and CDN seats are identical, the difference in weight/height limits is just per CDN and US regulations. :)

dingohate

Glad you love it! I have both a Britax MA and Radian XT and the difference in leg room is huge! it's quite the challenge getting my 2.5yo average sized DS into the seat without breaking a sweat LOL.

I love that the Radian's sides are so low profile compared to the Britax. No more head bumps :)

It took me a bit of getting used to the harness adjustment but it's by far my favorite seat available in Canada!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC