Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thinking booster seat for a spare Britax vs SKJP?

Hi, thinking about getting a booster seat for a spare in the next little while, unless you all say wait there is a new one coming out soon that'll be way better...

Looking at the SKJP like the better SIP for shoulders/head.

Looking at the Britax SGL like the SG clip.

Opinions, ideas, suggestions, comparisons?

I won't get it until my guy hits #40, he is long in the torso but skinny/short. 10th percentile height/weight at almost 5YO. 2nd from top RF in Radian, was top slot MA FF until recently.

Also, thinking/debating the logic in my 2nd choice which would be sucking up the $300 (Canadian) for the Frontier, which would be for 2", but for those 2" for 2 kids...

tam

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Thinking booster seat for a spare Britax vs SKJP?

well, I wouldn't pick either... skinny kids don't fit well in either booster, as the seatbelts don't tend to stay on the shoulder well for slim/younger riders in those boosters.

I would instead be looking at the Graco Turbobooster or (assuming you have them in Canada) the Recaro Vivo/Vivo Lite or Probooster

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

CPS Fanatic

I'd actually go with the Graco Turbobooster as a spare booster seat. It's cheaper and it fits a wide range of children well. I have the Monterey for my DS, but he's about 48in tall and weighs 65lbs so we needed a seat that fits big kids well. When you get around to needing a most/all of the time booster, then I would go with the Parkway SG for a tall, thin child.

It sounds like you have 2 good seats though. I'm not sure how often you intend to use the booster or under what circumstances. Personally, I would wait until your DS is a bit older and heavier to move to a booster seat even part time.

Melanie

Thanks ladies!

No Recaro in Canada.

He does have a long torso if that makes any difference, I tried both today & was surprised to see that the belts fit him on the shoulder, given that he's small...

Will look at the Graco one, really like the latch & the SG clips.

Maybe the Frontier would be better, as we'll use it for that couple inches anyway...

tam

no idea why I sign twice so often! LOL
    Last edited by tam_shops; 12-20-2010 at 08:58 PM.