Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Those educated on Lands End coats please help me....

I need to get Seth a new coat ASAP! The only thing I can find in his size is a girls Sport Squall jacket. What is the difference between the girls and the boys???? It says it is narrower in the waist for a more feminine look but I can;t see why that would matter especially for a 4 yr old.

If you have knowledge please pm me so I can send you the links and get your advice. I need to order ASAP...

Thanks

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Those educated on Lands End coats please help me....

I think Lovinwaves has both the boy and girl sport squall jacket. I saw some waist gathers on the girls jackets but did not look at the model numbers.

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Shoot! I was just at Land End Inlet and bought a squall parka and matching snowpants (40% off!). Had I known, I would have looked at the squall jackets for you. Have you tried calling customer service? What size are you looking for? Have you checked the overstocks too?
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

CPS Technician

It is from overstocks. The boys one I wanted just sold out and this is the last thing that would work.

I need a size 4. Maybe I will call them tomorrow and see what they say..

Johnathon never had a size 4 coat b/c we were in El Paso and it never got cold enough for a thick coat. @@. Seth has a size 3 and a size 5.

CPS Fanatic

would the size 5 work for him or is it totally ridiculously oversized? i personally don't mind oversized coats. my kids usually can wear 1-2 sizes too big & not be a big deal. i purposely buy them bigger than what they need just so they can get 2 or more years out of it

if the waist is gathered i probably wouldn't do a girls coat for a boy but then again ALREADY i deal with people thinking my sons are girls when they are young
    Ginny
    Mom to 4!
    DS1 16yo, DS2 15yo, DD 11yo & DS3 9yo

CPS Technician

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SquallJac...102_1186.html?

This is the coat I want to get him...

The size 5 are too big and that is what he has been wearing. The size 3 one is too tight but her wears it as well.
    He can't stand the long arms and wants me to roll them up which means fleece getting snow on it and getting his arms wet. @@.
    Oh and everyone thinks he is a girl anyways. He now tells people that boys can have long hair too.

I just got a Squall boy's coat in that color as well as two Thermacheck 200's in that color. But not that specific jacket. I would totally get it for my son. To me, it's a gender neutral jacket.

If you call Land's End they will tell you the differences and can even give exact measurements between the two coats.

Another thing I did was look at the reviews on the CURRENT year of that style. Some of the reviews mention the changes from the year prior.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

I'd totally let my boys wear that coat! Looks pretty gender neutral to me.

CPS Fanatic

I think that is the exact jacket I bought my daughter in that size (small/4) exactly one year ago, but in a different color. In person, the style appears completely gender neutral to me and in that color, I'd have no idea it wasn't a boy's jacket.

As far as fit, unless they've changed it in the last year, that coat is anything but narrow. My least favorite thing about that jacket is how wide it is. Otherwise, it's a really nice jacket. You can compare the exact measurements by clicking on size chart for each jacket and they have great customer service.

I'd get it now before it sells out. If you don't like it, you can return it at Sear's or mail it back for free.

I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by mykidsmylife View Post
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/SquallJac...102_1186.html?

This is the coat I want to get him...

The size 5 are too big and that is what he has been wearing. The size 3 one is too tight but her wears it as well.
    He can't stand the long arms and wants me to roll them up which means fleece getting snow on it and getting his arms wet. @@.
    Oh and everyone thinks he is a girl anyways. He now tells people that boys can have long hair too.
    I had that exact coat (color and all) for Sofi when I was trying out all the different LE coats and sizes. It's not feminine looking. And I didn't notice anything about it being narrower at the waist or anything. Go ahead and buy it.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

CPS Technician

Thanks so much everyone!!!

The zipper will zip from the other side, if that makes sense.

CPS Technician

It makes sense.
    I couldn't pass up that deal so I went ahead and ordered it.