We're going to need a new vehicle...

Mom2FiveGirls

We won't be able to get it for 2-3 months at least (DH is expecting a check for some insurance stuff and then our tax return), but we're starting to look and get some ideas. We will have around $5000 to spend. We need a van (or a vehicle that will realistically fit 7 people...the girls are all in boosters or car seats, but its possible that DD#1 would pass the 5 step test. DH really likes the Chrysler Town and Country (we're looking at 2002-2003 probably). Does anyone know anything about them? Can you fit 3 car seats in the third row (we know we'll likely need at least one new seat. We have a MR, EFTA, 2 nautilus', 2 hb tbs, and a cosco nbb)? Any other vehicles we should look into? I like the Dodge Grand Caravan, but I think it is very similar to the Town and Country.

ADS

mommyx4

I used to have a Grand Caravan, a 2003. At the time I had 2 PW boosters in the 3rd row and it was very tight for someone to sit in the middle.

luckyclov

I had a 2005 (or 2006, I can't remember) GC, but I think the body styles were the same as the 2003. You could easily fit 2 buckets/convertibles/combos/boosters in the 3rd row, but anyone using that 3rd position would have to be pretty small and ready for an adult seatbelt.

mommyx4

I had a 2005 (or 2006, I can't remember) GC, but I think the body styles were the same as the 2003. You could easily fit 2 buckets/convertibles/combos/boosters in the 3rd row, but anyone using that 3rd position would have to be pretty small and ready for an adult seatbelt.

Just a FYI.............I know the 03 GC does not have a head rest in the 3rd row middle seat. I know that changed, I just don't know what year. Maybe the 06?

urchin_grey

Just a FYI.............I know the 03 GC does not have a head rest in the 3rd row middle seat. I know that changed, I just don't know what year. Maybe the 06?

Yep, my '03 has no head rest and also no shoulder belt in the center position so one of her youngest two would have to sit in the center.

vonfirmath

Yep, my '03 has no head rest and also no shoulder belt in the center position so one of her youngest two would have to sit in the center.

My '06 GC has a headrest in the center of the 3rd row, but no shoulder belt.

My mom's 2010 Town & Country has both a headrest and a shoulder belt.

Last edited:

luckyclov

I *think* I had an '05 and not an '06...and IIRC, there was no headrest in the center position of the 3rd row. I know for certain there was no shoulder belt, just a lap belt. No lower anchors at all in the 3rd row. I can't remember what the deal was with top tethers back there...

My '09 has both a headrest and lap/shoulder belt in the center position of the 3rd row, FWIW.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC