Votes: 21 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Buy

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Does anyone have a good popsicle recipe that they make?
I just made this one:
No-Drip Popsicles
1 package Jell-O
1 package Kool-Aid
1 cup sugar (I only put in 1cup)
2 cups boiling water
2.5 cups cold water
Making it pretty much like Jell-O just putting it in popsicle holders and freezing it!

I would really like to find one that is a bit healthier but I like this one because it doesn't drip as much. Anyone have a recipe they like?

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I don't know about no drip, but I always made mine w/ apple or white-grape juice and water.

I'm an evil Mom.

scatterbunny

I either buy Breyers popsicles (the most "natural" I've found) or make my own, by just freezing watered-down fruit juice, like starlight. I can't let us have Jell-O anymore, after getting freaky about artificial colors and flavors.

InTheWoods

Straight juice. Usually the kids get watered down juice in their sippy cups, so straight juice in the popsicles is a real treat. As it should be -- popsicles are yummy! As for no-drip, we just try to eat outdoors, then I don't care where it ends up.

Our favorite juice for popsicles right now is papaya juice w/ pulp. The pulp seems to make creamier, less icey, popsicles.

And simple chocolate milk makes pretty good mock fudgsicles.

Kristin

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I usually do yogurt or just plain juice popsicles, I just did these ones for something different and guess what! THEY DRIP! So long for the no-drip pops! Next time we will do juice or yogurt! Thanks for your tips and suggestions :)

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I either buy Breyers popsicles (the most "natural" I've found) or make my own, by just freezing watered-down fruit juice, like starlight. I can't let us have Jell-O anymore, after getting freaky about artificial colors and flavors.

:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

I want to know when it became "freaky" to not want to have chemical colors and flavors in our diet?

(Of course, I'm eating orange chz, drinking pepsi and eating Pringles (which, btw, claim to have no artificial ingredients.) No artificial colors/flavors here. Uh-uh. None at all.)

beeman

We used to just use root beer or some sort of fruit juice. I remember we used to have plastic sticks with a drip tray on them, so that helped with some of the drip problem. On the store bought ones we always have a bowl handy for when an accident is on its way.

canadianmom2three

We make a lot of popsicles out of yogurt blended up with ice cubes and fruit and sometimes a bit of milk. The varieties are endless, but our two stand-by's are:

1 cup choc. milk
blend in blender with 1 cup ice cubes
add
1 banana
1-2 tbsp natural (peanuts only) pb
blend all, then drink as is for milkshake or freeze for popsicles

1 cup plain yogurt (or flavoured is fine too really)
1 cup frozen berries or peaches
fruit juice or milk as needed (to blend)
Again blend all in blender and drink as shake or freeze up

skaterbabs

You can get additive-free gelatin and replace the Kool-Aide in the recipe with juice.

We always just used straight juice though.

Simplysomething

Where is the "sometimes" choice?

I've learned that OJ makes really really really really...really really really gross frozen treats...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The last time I made our own popsicles was when Leila was a toddler -- I used juice + expressed breastmilk ... in mini plastic cups with old plastic drink stirers (sp?) as handles.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Not exactly healthy, but the yummiest ones we make are 'Cookies 'n Cream Pudding Pops'.
Here's the recipe:
2 c milk
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (4 serving size)
1/2 c thawed cool whip
6 Oreo cookies
Mix milk & pudding mix according to package directions. Place cookies in resealable bag and crush with rolling pin. Gently stir whipped topping and crushed cookies into pudding. Scoop pudding mixture into cups or popsicle forms. When ready to eat, place bottom of cup in warm water for 15 sec to release the pudding pop! Yummy!

We have also used applesauce, the unsweetened kind, added a little cinnamon, and frozen it to make popsicles. We use yogurt and juice, too...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
This is a really cool thread -- THANKS for starting it :thumbsup: I never though to use all these "extra" ingredients :whistle: We'll have yummy fun with science now :cool!:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Not exactly healthy, but the yummiest ones we make are 'Cookies 'n Cream Pudding Pops'.
Here's the recipe:
2 c milk
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (4 serving size)
1/2 c thawed cool whip
6 Oreo cookies
Mix milk & pudding mix according to package directions. Place cookies in resealable bag and crush with rolling pin. Gently stir whipped topping and crushed cookies into pudding. Scoop pudding mixture into cups or popsicle forms. When ready to eat, place bottom of cup in warm water for 15 sec to release the pudding pop! Yummy!

We have also used applesauce, the unsweetened kind, added a little cinnamon, and frozen it to make popsicles. We use yogurt and juice, too...
Yum that does sound good!:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC