which is better?

mommy2twinsFL

Need help....I am due in a coiuple weeks and still haven't gotten my infant seat!!

I am going back and forth between:

Chicco Keyfit 30 Adventure from Baby Age for $147.99 -$10 coupon= $137.99 + free shipping/no tax because I missed the Sept awesome deal

--OR--

safety first onboard 35 which someone suggested at target for $84 ish. It seems very uncomfortable and thin. Someone suggested that this is the base model and there are more premium models out there?? How do you know which is which. It doesn't say this on the safety 1st website. There are sooooo many onboards online how do you know the difference and what is considered a good deal??

ADS

Spam

I know the onboards that feature air protect are the upgraded models with the nicer adjustable base and thicker fabrics. They're both great seats, I've never played with the onboard, but did own a keyfit. It's really just personal preference. If you like the looks of the keyfit over the onboard then go with it. The onboard will last longer as it has a 35lb limit and a super tall shell, so if you plan to use the bucket seat for a long time it may be the better choice. I think the avg price is $160.

Janina

If you haven't already bought an infant seat, I can highly recommend the onboard 35 air. You can get the black/grey one at BRU. I love my onboard that I just bought for the little one we're expecting in April. I like it so much I've been using it for my almost 19 month old instead of her Radian as I can still hoist her plus seat out of the car when she falls asleep in it (which is most of the time). She still fits in it with at least 2 inches of headroom to spare. She was 32 inches @ 4 weeks ago and weighed 25 lbs. I'm thrilled that it will last a long time with the new baby. BTW, congratulations!!!

Athena

I don't know anything about the onboard 35, but I wonder if it takes a lot of space in the car like the snugride 32 did? We loved our keyfit 30 and found it fit our car far better than the huge snugride 32 that would have pushed the passenger into the dash. The keyfit 30 still fit our big/tall baby past a year too. I don't know if this relates to your situation, but it made our decision easy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC