Darn! Parkway SGL doesn't fit....

cookie123

Finally got Brett in the SGL tonight. We were out of town for dh's family's Xmas. We ended up having to take the kids home - long story. So he had his first opportunity to use it. It didn't fit. The seatbelt doesn't stay on his shoulder at all. Even he complained about it. Darn it. Now I suppose I'll have to sell it or send it back. I never really thought it wouldn't fit him. Did the previous Parkway have this issue?

Sorry no pics - it was dark, and cold. Also it took me about 10 minutes to get everybody buckled in. I don't know how anyone does that all the time. Trying to get the kids buckled into the boosters was insane.

ADS

arly1983

Yep, we had the same shoulder belt issue and nope, we didn't with the old style parkway or any of the others I have tried.

mlohry

Same shoulder belt sliding issue here and with the SG. I was bummed it didn't work for us, I wanted a latchable booster.

chasingboys

How big is he? I was looking at this booster for my 5y/o, to start booster training. He fits in a Monterey with no issue.

aeormsby

I need to get mine back out to play with a little more (it was 7pm the night before we left on a trip when I stuck it in the truck to give it a try). I also need to get some comparison with the Frontier (the only other 'booster' we have).

How was it not staying on his shoulder? We just tried it for a couple minutes in the driveway but the shoulder strap position seemed very good for my DD (40lb almost 5yo).

Mingie

CPST Instructor
That is the very reason the SG didn't work for dd#1. I can't decide whether to keep it or sell. We ended up with a turbo and the fit is fabulous.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC