dresses and buckling?

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
How do you all do buckles with long skirts or dresses?

DD3 and 4 have big Christmas parties tomorrow and picked out dresses (they wear pants/shorts 364 days a year). Do you just scrunch it up and buckle like normal?

I can't dress them at school (no time) so they have to ride in the dresses. They are long and a little full, but not like ball gowns.

Can you tell I am a tom-boy and have no clue how to deal with girls? :whistle:

ADS

Qarin

Can they wear leggings and tshirt under the dresses, so you just slip the dress on as they get out of the seat?

Otherwise, yeah, we just hike 'em up- I like to get as much above the waist as possible, so it comes out above the hip straps.

I'm going to have a moment to appreciate that we have the booster option in our family for this problem now.

jjordan

Yeah, I just sort of scrunch up the dresses. If you get most of the skirt parts out ot the sides, it's not too bad. Most of dd's dresses are only knee-length anyway, so it's not a big deal. Long dresses are a bit harder but still not too bad.

mamakc

Just scrunch them up if they are not too full. If they are too full or will wrinkle, slip them off in the car, just like w/ a heavy coat and slip them back on before you get out of the car. My DD is SO girly and wears dresses all the time, but I specifically pick out thin cotton dresses so they "scrunch" easily. She does have a few puffy ones though so when she has to wear them, I will put long sleeves/leggings or tights under them and she can slip it off to get in the car. I never thought of that until she was a flower girl and had no choice w/ her very full floor length wire hoop skirted dress! (And she was RF!) LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC